Peralta Board of Trustees Thanks Chancellor for her Leadership During One of Most Difficult Periods in Nation’s and Peralta District History
Oakland – The Peralta Community College District (PCCD) Board of Trustees thanks Dr. Carla Walter for her leadership of the Peralta Colleges for the past eight months and praised her stewardship of the District during one of the most difficult periods in the nation’s and the District’s history.
Dr. Walter announced her decision to resign effective April 15 for personal reasons. She thanked the Board for selecting her in July 2020 to lead the District. “I am honored to have served the students, faculty, and staff of PCCD, and the people of Alameda County,” Dr. Walter said in announcing her resignation to the board.
She wished the District well and encouraged “every student, faculty and staff member to continue to make Peralta one of the best community college districts in the state.”
“We are fortunate to have had a strong and committed leader at the Peralta Colleges helm during these past eight months,” said board president Dr. Cynthia Napoli-Abella Reiss. “We are sad to have Dr. Walter depart as she has helped guide the District through the pandemic.”
President Reiss said the Board of Trustees thanks Dr. Walter for her service. The Board will consider an interim appointment to follow Dr. Walter until a new Chancellor is selected by the District, which is anticipated occur in June 2021.
The PCCD Board of Trustees appointed Dr. Carla Stalling Walter to serve as the District’s Interim Chancellor effective Oct. 1, 2020. Previously Dr. Walter served as the District’s Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration and started serving as Acting Chancellor for the District this past July. She has more than 20 years of successful experience in financial administration and in higher education, including leadership posts at Chabot-Las Positas Community College District and State Center Community College District.
During her time as interim chancellor, Dr. Walter helped the District make substantial progress in addressing concerns about insolvency raised June 2019 by the Fiscal Crisis Management & Assistance Team (FCMAT) and improved the FCMAT score. Under Dr. Walter’s leadership the District also refinanced interest rates on outstanding general obligation bonds to save taxpayers nearly $5 million dollars, earned a higher credit rating from Moody’s and secured grant funding to provide services for students.
Also, of importance, Dr. Walter’s leadership, and collaboration with the four colleges within the District – Laney College, Merritt College, College of Alameda, and Berkeley City College – has helped the colleges on the road to overcoming their probationary status by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Approves Vice Mayor Rebecca Kaplan’s Proposal To Support Litigation Against Ghost Guns October 20, 2021
- Henry Ruggs III Mic’d Up vs. Broncos: ‘All Bama on the Board!’ | Week 6 | Las Vegas Raiders | NFL October 20, 2021
- Boxing Sandor Martin Stuns Boxing World By Defeating Former Champ Mikey Garcia By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- Meet Jon Bean, Oakland Rising’s Deputy Director Taks With Liz Suk, Executive Director October 19, 2021
- Philadelphia Eagles vs Las Vegas Raiders | Week 7 NFL Game Preview October 19, 2021
- Oakland hills firestorm marks 30th anniversary October 19, 2021
- 30 years later: Remembering the Oakland Hills Fire October 19, 2021
- Los Bukis ULTIMO CONCIERTO 2021 Oakland CA I Mi Mayor Necesidad October 19, 2021
- In-N-Out Burger in Battle With San Francisco Health Officials Over COVID Rules October 19, 2021
- Braves vs Dodgers Game 3 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 19, 2021
- TITANS y BILLS se baten en un ASOMBROSO duelo de MONDAY NIGH | Semana 6 2021 NFL Game Highlights October 19, 2021
- LIVE SPORTS TALK! Monday Night Football Bills Titans Recap, MLB Playoffs, Next LSU Head Coach? October 19, 2021
- San Francisco Leaders Offer Cash Rewards in Hopes of Reducing Car Break-Ins October 19, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Full Highligh 4th Quarter | NFL Week 6, 2021 October 19, 2021
- Deputy chase underway in LA County October 19, 2021
- New Plan to Fight Car Break-Ins in San Francisco October 19, 2021
- Every Team’s Best Play From Week 6 | NFL 2021 Highlights October 19, 2021
- 49ers News TODAY: 49ers Injury Report, DeForest Buckner RETURNS, Trent Williams, Aaron Banks, Lynch October 19, 2021
- 30 years later: KTVU reporter recalls being trapped by Oakland Hills firestorm October 19, 2021
- Film Study: Raiders Defensive Line is causing Havoc October 19, 2021
- Raiders Sign Desmond Trufant + Raiders Rumors On Clelin Ferrell Trade, D.J. Hayden & Derek Carr October 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Alex Leatherwood Playing Better At The Guard Position By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- Raw Video: San Francisco Announces Cash Rewards To Stop Auto Burglary-Fueled Fencing Operations October 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Former Pro Bowl DB Desmond Trufant Signs With Raiders By Joseph Armendariz October 19, 2021
- ILUW Local 10, The Shipping Backlog & The Working Class with ILWU Local 10 Pres Trent Willis October 19, 2021
- MLB LIVE: Los Angeles Dodgers vs Atlanta Braves Live stream – Braves vs Dodgers Live October 19, 2021
- Raiders Rumors & News On Trade Clelin Ferrell, Derek Carr & Josh Jacobs + 2021 NFL Trade Candidates October 19, 2021
- Cal Football: Jake Tonges Press Conference (10.19.21) October 19, 2021
- Cal Football: Femi Oladejo Press Conference (10.19.21) October 19, 2021
- Cal Football: Justin Wilcox Press Conference (10.19.21) October 19, 2021