Art Torres Adds Expertise in Regenerative Medicine and Organ Procurement to the CareDx Board
CareDx, Inc. (Nasdaq: CDNA), a leading precision medicine company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of clinically differentiated, high-value healthcare solutions for transplant patients and caregivers, today announced the appointment of patient advocate, political leader, and former state senator Art Torres to its Board of Directors.
Torres began his career working alongside Cesar Chavez to fight against pesticide exposure that was killing and sickening farm workers in California. He later served for 20 years in the California legislature, chairing the State Assembly’s Health Committee, and then was elected as chair of the State Democratic Party. He is a colon cancer survivor.
Currently, Torres serves as vice chair of the governing board of the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine as well as a member of the University of California Board of Regents and the Covered California board overseeing Obamacare. He is also the vice chair on the board of One Legacy, an organ transplant foundation based in Southern California, and has been a vocal advocate for organ transplant awareness in communities of color. As an LGBTQ leader, Torres has helped raise research funds and awareness for HIV AIDS and LGBTQ civil rights.
“I am excited to support the team at CareDx,” Torres said. “We share a passion for helping patients and a commitment to strengthen and support the transplant community. CareDx is building a world-class platform that’s helping so many people learn to live and thrive after transplantation. Access to donated organs and support services should be available to all patients in need, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation. I look forward to helping CareDx advance its inclusive vision.”
“Art’s appointment underscores not only our commitment to patients but also our focus on building an impactful and diverse board of directors,” said CareDx executive chairman Peter Maag. “Art’s extensive policy knowledge, regenerative medicine expertise, and health equity leadership within the LatinX and LGBTQ communities make him a valuable addition to the CareDx board.”
CareDx, Inc., headquartered in South San Francisco, California, is a leading precision medicine solutions company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of clinically differentiated, high-value healthcare solutions for transplant patients and caregivers. CareDx offers testing services, products, and digital healthcare solutions along the pre- and post-transplant patient journey and is the leading provider of genomics-based information for transplant patients. For more information, please visit: www.CareDx.com.
Post based on press release from CareDx to ZENNIE62MEDIA, Inc.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Shiba Inu: Dogecoin Killer?? Meme or Something More? 🐶 September 17, 2021
- What Crypto Whales Just Did With Shiba Inu And Why We Must Pay Attention September 17, 2021
- Brian Laundrie’s sister speaks out on Gabby Petito’s disappearance September 17, 2021
- Cat Brooks Guest at Rotary Club of Oakland Civic Thursday Meeting September 16, 2021 September 17, 2021
- Oakland Roots to Become Climate Positive by 2022 in Partnership with East Bay Community Energy September 17, 2021
- Amtrak San Joaquin #716 train at Oakland Jack London Square Oakland California September 17, 2021
- Can Homeowners In The U.S. Afford Climate Change? September 17, 2021
- Massive Flash Floods in Washington DC 9/16/2021 September 17, 2021
- Live View of Inspiration4 Dragon Tracker | Cupola View September 17, 2021
- FBI, Bay Area Law Enforcement Take Down Leaders of Infamous Crime Organization September 17, 2021
- Cadillac Sedan Deville on 22″ Gold Zeniths & Vogues from Oakland, Ca EP131 September 17, 2021
- A’s vs. Royals Game Highlights (9/16/21) | MLB Highlights September 17, 2021
- Large Scale Electrical System Installation: Oakland International Airport September 17, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Will Clelin Ferrell Get To Start In Week Two Vs The Steelers ? By Eric Pangilinan September 16, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Gus Bradley – Greg Olson Discuss Injuries and Steelers By Joseph Armendariz September 16, 2021
- Amy Trask CBS | Amy Trask Interview – Fmr Oakland Now Las Vegas Raiders On Zennie62 YouTube Live September 16, 2021
- Amy Trask, Former Raiders CEO, CBS Sports Analyst, Interview On Zennie62 Live September 16, 2021
- The Oakland Roots Defeat Tacoma Defiance 3-1 September 16, 2021
- Oakland Schools News: OUSD Celebrates Latino Heritage Month September 16, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Ice Cube & Too Short At Allegiant Stadium Halftime Show For MNF Ravens At Raiders September 16, 2021
- Here’s How to Increase Your EIDL Funding September 16, 2021
- Gabby Petito Case: Family of Missing YouTuber Claims Fiancé Is ‘Refusing’ to Help Find Her September 16, 2021
- Yom Kippur 2021 – Jordan Matthew Ward Vlog September 16, 2021
- New York Jews Prepare For Yom Kippur September 16, 2021
- The Holiest Day in Israel – Yom Kippur September 16, 2021