ONN – Calling Las Vegas Stadium Workers Whistleblower Complaints “Conspiracy Theories” Is Fake News
Las Vegas Stadium update finds one that some are going to bottom-basement in reporting on stadium construction updates. Calling the Las Vegas Stadium Whistleblowers complaints and observations “conspiracy theories” is not only irresponsible but dangerous. That’s what one Las Vegas publication that will go unnamed is trying to do.
Oakland News Now featured a series called “Whistleblower Las Vegas Stadium Workers Tell Zennie62Media About Bad Bolts And Bad Welds Problem”, and started with an email that came to this vlogger from out of the clear blue. When determined that the stadium workers were, indeed, stadium workers, I asked how they found me. Apparently, it was simply via an Internet search for News 3 Las Vegas, but they saw my photo in the search results, and took the chance to reach out to me. The result is a good thing for all concerned – except the Las Vegas media organization charged with trying to search engine optimize the news for the Oakland Raiders.
The problem is that the Oakland Raiders asked for a $750 million public subsidy from the State of Nevada and Clark County. If that kind of public money had been granted in Oakland, it would have come with a price of expected, weekly construction updates to the public. That’s only right, since the Raiders are playing with the public’s money. But in Las Vegas, no such effort to inform the public on a weekly basis is done. Instead, there’s an effort to paint a rosy picture, and paint anyone who might have a criticism as a “hater” – a term that’s nothing less than immature.
The Whistleblower Las Vegas Stadium Workers certainly don’t hate the very project they worked on, but they also don’t like their concerns being swept under the rug. In another moment in the past, a problem like this would have been a massive concern for anyone – today, the first worry isn’t about the workers concern, it’s about public perception. Little effort has been made to try and explain what the real problem is, and a lot of effort has been made to shift attention, and discredit the messenger. That will not change the fact that problems exist and need to be fixed.
The main problem was stated by one of the Las Vegas Stadium whistleblowers at Oakland News Now:
“Everything was supposed to be done 100 percent before cables were pulled. Everything was to be done and signed off on – the main structure, steel, nodes – all 100 percent done before they started putting weight on the cables. (Instead) They were still inspecting nodes and pulling on cables – if one wasn’t ready, they’d go on to the next node.” (And this update from the sources: what should have been done before the cable net lifting and attaching process was 1, complete erection of main structural members and tie-in members, 2, all bolts needed to be installed and inspected, 3, all main structural members should be complete and that includes everything attached to the compression ring.)
In other words, the idea of taking Las Vegas stadium construction process activities out of sequence in an effort to meet the opening date deadline might have sounded like a good idea to the lay person and the Oakland Raiders fan, but it’s a bad idea if one’s trying to build a stadium correctly. In this case, you run the risk of putting weight on stadium roof cables that may not be fully ready to handle it.
That’s not fake news.
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Timeline of disappearance of Gabby Petito September 19, 2021
- Saints Loss To Panthers Because Coaches Weren’t Prepared, Left Jameis Winston With Bad Game Plan September 19, 2021
- Oakland, CA – Random BAY AREA ROAD TRIP VLOG w Best Fren Lolo! – IamLindaElaine September 19, 2021
- Body Found In Gabby Petito Search Effort In Wyoming – Update September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Upset Win vs Pittsburgh Steelers 26 – 17, Derek Carr On 7,000 Yd Pace For 2021 September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders QB Derek Carr Last Two Games Has 817 Total Passing Yards By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Raiders Live: Postgame Pressers – 9.19.21 | Week 2 | Las Vegas Raiders September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders 2-0 Henry Ruggs III Stepped It Up In Week Two By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Golden Bears earn first win of season in 42-30 victory over Hornets September 19, 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | September 19, 2021. 10am September 19, 2021
- LIVE: Saints-Panthers Postgame Show Week 2 | 2021 NFL September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Alex Leatherwood Out For 2nd Half With Injury By Joseph Armendariz September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Offensive Line Struggles In First Half At Steelers By Joseph Armendariz September 19, 2021
- Saints At Panthers – Will Jameis Winston Run Sean Payton’s Mike Martz Passing Approach? September 19, 2021
- Raiders vs Steelers Game Betting Prediction – Take Pittsburgh Give Points To Las Vegas September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts 8th Grade Promotion 2021 September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts Class 2021 Graduation September 19, 2021
- Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time – Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes – Oakland – September 12th, 2021 September 19, 2021
- Best Nursing Schools in Oakland, California, United States September 19, 2021
- #1 Alabama vs #11 Florida: Extended Highlights | CBS Sports HQ September 19, 2021
- Nick Saban talks Alabama’s win vs. Florida | ESPN College Football September 19, 2021
- UCLA vs. Fresno State Postgame Press Conference After Upset Loss To Fresno State September 19, 2021
- Fresno State stuns No. 13 UCLA after an unforgettable fourth quarter September 19, 2021
- Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member on “Democracy and Defending our Civil Rights” September 19, 2021
- Berkeley’s Homeless Crisis with Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member September 19, 2021