ONN – Alameda Ca. Cops Arrest Black Man Who Was Seen ‘Dancing In The Street’ | New York Post
For some reason New York Post editors left out the name of the place where the violation of First Amendment right happened: Alameda, California. Here’s what the NY Post wrote:
Two California cops are under investigation for arresting a black man who was dancing in the street, according to reports and bodycam footage of the arrest.
The footage, released over the weekend, shows the two officers approach Mali Watkins on May 23 in Alameda after a woman called 911 and said that “an African American man is dancing in the street and clearly something is wrong with him,” CNN reported.
The officers detain Watkins at the scene after he tells them he is dancing for exercise, according to the video.
“You’re dancing in the street,” one of the cops says to Watkins, the video shows.
“So what? I’m dancing in the street,” a clearly confused Watkins responds.
The cops then grab his arms and take him into custody, according to the video.
Watkins was arrested and cited for resisting arrest, CNN reported.
Political leaders in the city — including the vice mayor and the city manager — have called for an investigation into the officers’ actions while saying they are “outraged” by the video.
The New York Post is your source for breaking news, news about New York, sports, business, entertainment, opinion, real estate, culture, fashion, and more.
Catch the latest news here: https://nypost.com/
Follow The New York Post on:
Twitter – https://twitter.com/nypost
Facebook – https://ift.tt/1F2wLRL
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Timothy Douglas, OEA negotiator, speaks on the Oakland school reopening tentative agreement
- Raiders Mark Davis Right, We’re Wrong About Derek Chauvin Verdict Tweet, Here’s Why
- Oakland Police Should March In Solidarity With Black Community Post Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: What Was Las Vegas Thinking With That Derek Chauvin Verdict Entry?
- President Biden and Vice President Harris Address the Nation on the Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Oakland Tech’s Ahmed Muhammad School’s 1st Black Male Valedictorian On Day Of Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Livestream Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School