Buffy Wicks gets historic endorsement in CA AD 15 Race.
Buffy Wicks earned Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf and San Francisco Mayor London Breed endorsements of for her to serve as the next California Assemblymember for District 15. It is the first joint endorsement by the two officials in history.
“The commitment Buffy Wicks has shown to engaging people in the community is impressive,” said Oakland Mayor Schaaf. “Her dedication to building coalition, listening to all who want to have input and meeting with voters throughout the District has earned my respect and my endorsement. I would look forward to working with her as the Assemblywoman from District 15.”
“Our most pressing challenges, such as housing, transportation, and affordability require regional solutions,” said San Francisco Mayor Breed. “Buffy is a bold and pragmatic leader with longstanding progressive values who understands how to work together to solve problems. Her leadership at the state level is what we need to tackle our region’s most challenging issues.”
“Mayor Schaaf and Mayor Breed are incredible leaders who share a commitment to taking courageous stands and fighting for what is right,” said Wicks. “I’d be honored to serve with them as we look to new ideas and creative policies to move our region forward.”
Buffy Wicks is a community organizer, progressive advocate and a grassroots activist with experience at the local, state and federal level. Grassroots organizing has been a centerpiece of her campaign, with more than 160 house parties and a team of over 500 volunteers who knocked on over 35,000 doors. She recently won the primary with more than 31% of the vote, winning every city in the District.
More information on Buffy’s platform and priorities can be found at www.buffywicks.com.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Raiders Josh Jacobs Was Not happy Losing Hudson And Jackson – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Coming Out Of Retirement- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Derek Carr Supports Teammate Carl Nassib – By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Receiver John Brown Building Chemistry With QB Derek Carr
- John McAfee, Who Ran For President vs Donald Trump In 2015, Died In Spanish Prison
- Loki Lamentis Review Recap – By Jessica Dwyer
- Loki Episode 3: Does The Ark Reference Have Symbolic Meaning To Noah’s Ark? By Joseph Armendariz
- 2412 Kingsland Ave Oakland, CA 94601
- Bike Oakland/Alameda: Bay Trail & Bay Farm Island
- Oakland City Budget 2021-23: Oakland City Council President Bas Presents Amendments
- 2020 USWNT U.S. Olympics Women’s Soccer Team Announced June 23 2021
- IKEA in Atlanta Under Fire For Juneteenth Celebration Menu By Joseph Armendariz
- Loki Is Bisexual Says Director Kate Herron – But What Would Thor Say About That?
- My Cryptocurrency Portfolio Is Up Today, June 23 2021; Changed Its Composition. What Works For You?
- Howard Terminal Oakland Ballpark Project Clearing Up Errors In Reporting Regarding TIF, SB293 Skinner
- Loki Episode 3. Did This Episode Fail To Deliver? By Joseph Armendariz
- Kathleen Matz Takes Issue With My Oakland Juneteeth Shooting Vlog, Reflects A Basic Racial Problem
- The Race To Become New York Mayor- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Top Draft Picks Continue To Shine In Training Camp – By Eric Pangilinan
- New York City Mayoral Primary Puts Spotlight On Ranked-Choice Voting
Oakland News Now Archives
- Dynamic Group to break ground on 16-unit AD facility – Bioenergy Insight Magazine
- Dutch wood pellet imports reached new high in 2020 – Bioenergy Insight Magazine
- Oakland City Council Members Join Vigil in Honor of Victims of Juneteenth Shooting – NBC Bay Area – California News Times
- Crowd gathers at Lake Merritt to mourn 22-year-old man killed in mass shooting – San Francisco Chronicle
- Bishop Barber of Oakland: Unmasked Massgoers Should Not Be ‘Policed’ – National Catholic Register
- Juneteenth Celebration at Lake Merritt in Oakland, Calif. – The Pioneer
- Athletics race to large, early lead, defeat Rangers 13-6 – Associated Press
- List of possible A’s ballpark sites grows, 3rd Las Vegas trip planned – Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Bay Briefing: Where Bay Area small businesses got help — and where they didn’t – San Francisco Chronicle
- Oakland crowd twerks on ambulance, blocks responders after deadly shooting – Fox News