Ironworkers Local 378 Oakland announced their endorsement today for Buffy Wicks to serve as the next Assemblymember for District 15. Ironworkers Local 378 represents tradespeople in the Oakland area, north to Lakeport, south to Westley, east of Highway 101 and west of Vacaville and Tracy.
“Ironworkers Local 378 Oakland is proud to endorse Buffy Wicks for State Assembly District 15,” said Ken Miller, Business Agent and Organizer for Iron Workers Oakland 378. “Buffy understands the critical importance of keeping unions healthy and investing in apprenticeship programs. She is a life-long supporter of Labor and we know she will be our partner in the Legislature to fight for good-paying middle class jobs and the economic prosperity of working people.”
“As dedicated defenders of safer working conditions, better healthcare, job security, and equal pay, labor unions are key to protecting middle class jobs and the health of our local economy,” said Buffy Wicks. “I am ready to work for and with Ironworkers Local 378 Oakland and our local unions, in the State Legislature to preserve and expand worker protections in California,” she said.
Ironworkers Local 378 Oakland the second endorsement from Labor to back Buffy this week, building on the support announced by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 595 of Buffy on Labor Day. Other labor organizations supporting Buffy as the best person to lead AD 15 include the Building and Construction Trades Council of Alameda County Northern California Carpenters Regional Council, LIUNA Laborers Local 324 and Local 304, Sheet Metal Workers Local 104, and Plumbers & Steamfitters UA Local 342.
Buffy Wicks has spent her career as a grassroots organizer for progressive causes. She served as a leader on the Wake Up Walmart campaign, an initiative founded by UFCW that pressured Walmart to improve wage and health benefits for its employees. She organized throughout the Bay Area against the Iraq War and helped to created the national organizing model for the Obama for America campaigns in 2008 and 2012. Grassroots organizing has been a centerpiece of Buffy’s campaign, with more than 160 house parties and a team of over 500 volunteers who knocked on over 35,000 doors. This grassroots support translated to Buffy winning every city in the District in the primary campaign.
More information on Buffy’s platform and priorities can be found at www.buffywicks.com.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders: Running BackTrey Ragas Waived By The Raiders But Why? By Joseph Armendariz September 28, 2021
- Three earthquakes near Charleston, South Carolina September 28, 2021
- Home For Sale At 6690 Outlook Ave Oakland, CA 94605 September 28, 2021
- John Guillory Stars In What Happened to the Black People in Oakland? Part One September 28, 2021
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report – 09.26.21 September 28, 2021
- FISHER BLOCK PARTY – Oakland 2021 – 4K September 28, 2021
- Fisher block party (Oakland) 9/25/21 September 28, 2021
- Fisher Block Party Oakland Live Technomusic Experience September 28, 2021
- Britney Spears’ Dad Allegedly Bugged Her Phone and Home September 27, 2021
- Why Jamie Lynn Spears Isn’t As Innocent As She Claims September 27, 2021
- South Carolina Earthquakes – Dr Wendy Rocks Explains Why They Happened Today September 27, 2021
- Parents deny involvement in Brian Laundrie’s disappearance as FBI continues search September 27, 2021
- Howard Terminal Update – Oakland Doesn’t Need Alameda County For TIF, Loren Taylor Town Hall Tonight September 27, 2021
- Coach Gruden Presser | 9.27.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 27, 2021
- Bay Area Transparency Clashes With Oakland Police At Public Works Annex, Again September 27, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Is QB Derek Carr Leading In The MVP Race Right Now? By Eric Pangilinan September 27, 2021
- Oakland Police YouTube Video – Meet Deputy Chief Drennon Lindsey September 27, 2021
- KTVU’s Dave Clark Reports Sideshow Draws 70 Spectators in Oakland September 27, 2021
- Oakland Dynamites (8U) Big Play Highlights – 09.25.21 September 27, 2021
- With Double Slaying Sunday, Oakland Marks 102 Homicides So Far in 2021 September 27, 2021
- Rapper R Kelly Guilty Of Racketeering Sex Trafficking And Assault Expected To Get Decades In Jail September 27, 2021
- South Carolina Earthquake Today | Magnitude 3.1 earthquake Near Summerville, North Charleston September 27, 2021
- Crete earthquake – Brit tourists terrified as mag-6 quake rocks Greek island September 27, 2021
- WorldView: Earthquake hits Greece; Volcano erupts in Spain’s Canary Islands September 27, 2021
- Magnitude 5.8 earthquake strikes the Greek island of Crete September 27, 2021