The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 595 announced her endorsement today for Buffy Wicks to serve as the next Assemblymember for District 15. IBEW Local 595 is one of the largest Locals in Northern California with over 2000 members.
“IBEW Local 595 is proud to endorse Buffy Wicks for California State Assembly,” said Greg Bonato, the Alameda County Business Representative for IBEW Local 595. “Buffy Wicks is a staunch supporter of labor and collective bargaining with a clear history of advocating to expand union participation and workers’ rights. We know Buffy will be our champion in the legislature fighting for affordable housing, quality universal healthcare and local workforce development. The IBEW Local 595 urges voters to pick Buffy Wicks this November for District 15.”
“I’m deeply honored to earn the endorsement of IBEW Local 595,” said Buffy Wicks. “Protecting and promoting labor unions is critical to preserving working class jobs and the middle class. I am committed to working for and with labor to expand worker protections, raise wages and protect local middle class jobs.”
IBEW Local 595 joins other labor organizations in selecting Buffy as the best person to lead AD 15, including the Building and Construction Trades Council of Alameda County Northern California Carpenters Regional Council, LIUNA Laborers Local 324 and Local 304, Sheet Metal Workers Local 104, and Plumbers & Steamfitters UA Local 342.
Buffy has spent her career as a grassroots organizer for progressive causes. She served as a leader on the Wake Up Walmart campaign, an initiative founded by UFCW that pressured Walmart to improve wage and health benefits for its employees. She organized throughout the Bay Area against the Iraq War and helped to created the national organizing model for the Obama for America campaigns in 2008 and 2012.
Grassroots organizing has been a centerpiece of Buffy’s campaign, with more than 160 house parties and a team of over 500 volunteers who knocked on over 35,000 doors. This grassroots support translated to Buffy winning every city in the District in the primary campaign.
More information on Buffy’s platform and priorities can be found at www.buffywicks.com.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders And NFL Announce 2021 Preseason Schedule Dates, Times – A Quick Review
- NFL Announces 2021 Preseason Schedule Dates, Times – A Quick Review
- Howard Terminal: City Of Oakland, SB 293 Skinner, Mello Roos, And Private Activity Bond
- LA Clippers Rally From Down 25 Points To Advance To The WCF For The First Time, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Nba Western Conference Finals Set Suns Vs Clippers By- Eric Pangilinan
- NFL News: Cole Beasley Bill’s WR Anti Vaxxer Rant On Twitter My Take By Joseph Armendariz
- San Francisco Giants And Oakland as Both Winning
- ILWU Speak Out Against Oakland Athletics Howard Terminal But Praises Chase Center by Richard Haick
- Lights Go Out At Hawks State Farm Arena – Replay Of 2013 Super Bowl
- Hawks Trey Young 35-Foot 3-Pointer Vs 76ers Keeps Steph Curry Comparisons Alive
- Raiders Sign Former Chiefs Players By – Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines To Deploy Nurses Abroad By- Eric Pangilinan
- Who Is Caleb Scott ?Raiders Singed
- If Manny Pacquaio Beats Errol Spence Where Would Manny Rank
- AASEG And WNBA Press Conference Oakland At Everett And Jones BBQ By Vasu Vaddiparty
- WNBA Press Conference Oakland – By Vasu Vaddiparty
- Two SF Bay Area Women, VP Kamela Harris, Oakland Rep Barbara Lee, At Juneteenth Holiday Bill Signing
- For Beautiful Legs Build Strength And Balance Through Yoga
- Oakland Police Video Features Sgt Doria Neff Of The Mental Health Unit In Video Interview
- Governor Newsom visits small businesses in Oakland