The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 595 announced her endorsement today for Buffy Wicks to serve as the next Assemblymember for District 15. IBEW Local 595 is one of the largest Locals in Northern California with over 2000 members.
“IBEW Local 595 is proud to endorse Buffy Wicks for California State Assembly,” said Greg Bonato, the Alameda County Business Representative for IBEW Local 595. “Buffy Wicks is a staunch supporter of labor and collective bargaining with a clear history of advocating to expand union participation and workers’ rights. We know Buffy will be our champion in the legislature fighting for affordable housing, quality universal healthcare and local workforce development. The IBEW Local 595 urges voters to pick Buffy Wicks this November for District 15.”
“I’m deeply honored to earn the endorsement of IBEW Local 595,” said Buffy Wicks. “Protecting and promoting labor unions is critical to preserving working class jobs and the middle class. I am committed to working for and with labor to expand worker protections, raise wages and protect local middle class jobs.”
IBEW Local 595 joins other labor organizations in selecting Buffy as the best person to lead AD 15, including the Building and Construction Trades Council of Alameda County Northern California Carpenters Regional Council, LIUNA Laborers Local 324 and Local 304, Sheet Metal Workers Local 104, and Plumbers & Steamfitters UA Local 342.
Buffy has spent her career as a grassroots organizer for progressive causes. She served as a leader on the Wake Up Walmart campaign, an initiative founded by UFCW that pressured Walmart to improve wage and health benefits for its employees. She organized throughout the Bay Area against the Iraq War and helped to created the national organizing model for the Obama for America campaigns in 2008 and 2012.
Grassroots organizing has been a centerpiece of Buffy’s campaign, with more than 160 house parties and a team of over 500 volunteers who knocked on over 35,000 doors. This grassroots support translated to Buffy winning every city in the District in the primary campaign.
More information on Buffy’s platform and priorities can be found at www.buffywicks.com.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Grand Lake Theater Marquee Says Theater Reopens May 27th With Quiet Place 2 & Cruella 3200 Grand Av
- Zennie Abraham Live On WKDEEFM.ORG Talking Oakland A’s Howard Terminal Ballpark Issue
- Inside Fairyland Park, Lake Merritt Oakland.
- Letter From Oakland City Council Leaders To MLB Commissioner On A’s Howard Terminal Project
- Oakland City Council Leadership Sends Nasty Letter To MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Ballpark
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back: Bike Oakland: Redwood Rd & Park, Skyline, Leona Canyon
- Elizabeth Olsen Reunited With Anthony Mackie At MTV Awards 2021
- Kathryn Hahn Wins Best Villain For WandaVision At MTV Awards 2021
- Conservative Commentator Candace Owens May Run For President
- Howard Terminal Or Bust Dave Kaval Is Right Because Oakland A’s Have No Place To Go
- Vanessa Bryant Hall of Fame Speech | Kobe Bryant NBA Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- Browns owners unveil new proposal for Cleveland lakefront
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report By Michelle Milliken – May 16,2021
- Asian woman spit on at red light in Oakland
- Las Vegas Raiders 2021 NFL Schedule Review Livestream At Zennie62 YouTube
- Golden Gate Bridge daredevils sought
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- Hearst Media Services Uses San Francisco Chronicle For Reputation Management Services
- Warriors Steph Curry Highlights: Uses His Head In An Unusual Way To Score On Grizzlies Kyle Anderson
- Naismith SCHOOLS Cooperstown With Its 2021 Basketball Hall Of Fame Class, By: Vinny Lospinudo