Brookdale San Pablo and Martin Gonzalez, owner of The Porto Apartments, must stop the planned elderly evictions. Here’s the story from the San Pablo Tenants Union:
Two days before Thanksgiving, nearly 100 elderly and disabled residents in Brookdale Assisted Living in San Pablo received notice they had 60 days to leave.
But get this, just two blocks away, another 14-unit building of families are also being evicted.
This is unconscionable. As we see double digit increases of families being pushed into homelessness by rent gouging and unfair evictions, and as the wet and cold winter months settle in, it is unfathomable to allow these hundreds of families to be displaced.
As a community we CAN and MUST stop this. Stand with the San Pablo Tenants by urging the landlords of both buildings to stop the evictions now!!
The first building, Brookdale San Pablo, is a 92-unit assisted living center for the elderly and disabled. Brookdale, a national corporation that operates 800 senior living facilities in 45 states, decided that they would no longer operate the building and notified the owners they would not be renewing the lease. The owners, an elderly couple that recently inherited the property don’t have the capacity to operate the facility by themselves, and without housing service provider staffing the building, decided to sell. The result? Seniors are being pushed onto the streets at the beginning of winter.
This is a life of death situation.
The second building, Porto Apartments, consists of 14 units of families – many of them also seniors. The building is owned by Martin Gonzalez, the owner of a local restaurant called La Strada located right next to the buildings. On November 22nd, residents of the building all received an illegal 60 day eviction notice at no fault of their own. Some of the residents have lived in the building for over 10 years and will become effectively homeless if the eviction goes through.
On the eve of the winter holidays, we must keep the San Pablo Tenants in their homes! Take 2 minutes to support them by also urging Porto Apartments owner Martin Gonzalez to stop the evictions!
We can and must do better.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- CBSN Originals | The New Pro-Gun Generation October 28, 2021
- Ludacris Discusses New Venture Into TV | Zerlina. October 28, 2021
- Putin’s order to fill Gazprom’s EU storage facilities prompts gas prices to fall October 28, 2021
- NFL Picks – Green Bay Packers vs Arizona Cardinals Prediction, 10/28/2021 Week 8 NFL Best Bet Today October 28, 2021
- FSB neutralizes ISIS supporter in Murmansk, Russia October 28, 2021
- BEST strike partnerships in Premier League history | Thierry Henry + Dennis Bergkamp & more | Part 1 October 28, 2021
- A’s + Alameda: Key Points for Howard Terminal Ballpark October 28, 2021
- Zoe in San Francisco | Vlog in the USA | iPhone 13 | Purple Tea💜 October 28, 2021
- Highlights: Preston 0-2 Liverpool | Origi scores an outrageous goal in the Carabao Cup October 28, 2021
- How Ina Garten blew off the Food network October 28, 2021
- Houston Astros dominate Atlanta Braves to even up World Series with strong Game 2 win – US News October 28, 2021
- Atlanta Braves vs Houston Astros Full Highlights – World Series Game 2 – 10/27/2021 October 28, 2021
- LIVE: NBC News NOW – October 28 October 28, 2021
- Biden delays Europe departure to meet with Democratic caucus October 28, 2021
- Should children ages 5 to 11 be vaccinated? Hear from Dr. Fauci October 28, 2021
- Who is Julian Assange and why does the US want to extradite him? – BBC News October 28, 2021
- Professional Baseball Pitcher Tyler Herron Dies At 35 October 28, 2021
- Soyuz 2.1a rocket blasts off from Baikonur with cargo for ISS onboard October 28, 2021
- BREAKING: Sir David Attenborough urges nations to cooperate on climate change October 28, 2021
- Improvements are needed to make the ‘green choice the easy choice’ October 28, 2021
- China’s Climate Envoy Urges Help For Developing Countries Ahead of COP26 October 28, 2021
- Rishi Sunak defends National Insurance hike and meat eating October 28, 2021
- San Francisco honors Fil-Am community heroes | TFC News California, USA October 28, 2021
- NFL Week 8 Preview and Betting Picks October 28, 2021
- Sky News Breakfast: Kay Burley questions the Chancellor about the National Insurance rise October 28, 2021
- 남자 ASMR FOOD SPICY CHINESE FOODS MUKBANG #3340 October 28, 2021
- Rachel Reeves: ‘The issue is who is taxed.’ October 28, 2021
- WOMAN DEAD IN THREE-VEHICLE CRASH ON 3300 GRAND AVENUE [OAKLAND, CA] October 28, 2021
- Keiser Report | Bitcoin is the Language of Diplomacy | E1768 October 28, 2021
- The Undertaker rises from the casket: WWE Royal Rumble 1994 October 28, 2021
- Grizzlies vs. Warriors 10/28/21 FREE NBA Picks and Predictions on NBA Betting Tips for Today October 28, 2021
- Free NBA Picks Today (Wednesday, Oct 27th) 🏀 | NBA Expert Predictions and Best Odds October 28, 2021
- Houston Rockets vs Utah Jazz 10/28/21 Free NBA Pick and Prediction NBA Betting Tips October 28, 2021
- Next Gen Stats: Expected Rushing Yards Explained October 28, 2021
- Alvin Kamara & Mark Ingram || “Boom & Zoom” || 2017-2018 Highlights October 28, 2021
- Mark Ingram 2020-2021 Highlights October 28, 2021
- DeFouw Chevrolet Celebrates 60 Years 10 25 21 October 28, 2021
- Katie Ledecky explains how chocolate milk helped her win a gold medal l GMA Digital October 28, 2021
- 49ers Botch Trade Offer From Patriots: San Francisco 49ers Morning Show October 28, 2021
- U.S. Developing Hypersonic Weapons in China Challenge: Pentagon October 28, 2021