ONN – Black QBs Lead NFL Players Of The Week For 1st Time, Oakland Raiders Get Josh Gordon? Las Vegas Stadium Update, Livestream Talk On Zennie62 YouTube
Okay. What is it that Baltimore QB Lamar Jackson, Kansas City QB Patrick Mahomes, Indianapolis QB Jacoby Brissett, Dallas QB Dak Prescott, Seattle QB Russell Wilson, Tampa Bay QB Jameis Winston, and Arizona QB Kyler Murray have in common? All of them make up a group of NFL black quarterbacks who were all 2019 NFL Players Of The Week through Week 7, and more than any other NFL player for the first time in league history.
Of the 14 NFL Offensive Players Of The Week named for the AFC and the NFC through Week 7, 9 were African American Quarterbacks, and five out of seven times in the AFC, and 4 out of 7 times in the NFC.
Encapsulated in the historic mark are two time NFL Offensive Player Of The Week winner Deshaun Watson of the Houston Texans, Cardinals 2019 NFL Draft 1st Round Pick Kyler Murray, the Bucs 2015 NFL Draft 1st Round Pick Winston, and two quarterbacks that veteran retirements made room for, Prescott (Tony Romo) and Brissett (Andrew Luck).
This is a historic statistic that should be shared all around. Too often, the media (which is still dominated by white male voices) focuses on negative news about NFL black players. Arrest reports, false rumors of violence, and disagreements with coaches, are just a few of the many bad items that get focused on, even if they turn out to be unfounded.
Meanwhile, many NFL black quarterbacks were the focus of false news and fake reports about everything from their pro days to their perceived attitude. Remember the fake news media reports about Teddy Bridgewater’s Pro Day, or how now Oakland Raiders General Manager Mike Mayock said that now Carolina Panthers, then Auburn Tigers QB Cam Newton didn’t have enough heart to be a number one pick? And then, of course, there was the media attack on Jameis Winston for an accusation he was never found guilty of committing against Erika Kinsman.
Others in the media questioned Deshaun Watson’s intellectual ability to run a team in the run up to the 2017 NFL Draft. And no one save for the Colts and Andrew Luck and a few observers (like me) gave Jacoby Brissett a snowball’s chance to do well in replacing Luck.
And what about those who said that Lamar Jackson should be a wide receiver? Where are they now?
Will all of those in the media who contributed to this ever apologize?
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership
- Las Vegas Raiders New Number Changers For 2021 Season. By Joseph Armendariz
- May 11, 2021
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am