ONN – SF Bay Area Bicycle Video: Bike Deep East Oakland And San Leandro: Bancroft Ave
Another YouTube video gem from SF Bay Area Bicycle Video. This one called “Bike Deep East Oakland And San Leandro: Bancroft Ave” was originally made on April 5th 2020, and is described as follows:
2020-04-05: 13.9 mile, 200 ft gain, Sunday ride between some rain showers on the 20th day of the COVID-19 shelter-in-place. Starting on Flemming Ave in the Frick, to Seminary Ave, and not quite sure what I’m going to ride yet, so Foothill Blvd, 57th Ave, wrong way up Trask St to the 55th Ave/Foothill Blvd intersection and 55th to Bancroft Ave to see if I can see where the Sideshow-related fatality happened. Nope. So turn around and head down Bancroft through Deep East Oakland to San Leandro turning around at 136th Ave because of the threatening rain. Take Bancroft back up to where it splits into Bond St at 48th Ave and back to Seminary Ave, Roberts Ave, and 55th Ave.
But, I don’t care what anyone says or writes: the person riding the bike is freaking wreckless – and even worse than the first video posted here at Oakland News Now. The biker rolls through a stop sign, almost hits a random person walking across the street, then rides at full speed the wrong way down another avenue (just look at all of the cars parked in one direction: opposite the way the biker is going).
With all that, some observers are so pro-wreckless biking, that they try and flame this blogger for pointing out what is bad bike riding. I’ve ridden my bikes all over Oakland going all the way back to junior high school days. That kind of riding is purely and simply courting disaster. Anyone who supports that kind of action is a bicycle accident waiting to happen.
Thankfully, I managed to locate one video that featured sane bike riding. This one which goes over to Lake Merritt:
Stay tuned. For the next nutty bike ride from SF Bay Area Bicycle!
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: What Was Las Vegas Thinking With That Derek Chauvin Verdict Entry?
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: No One Black Made That Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict Entry
- President Biden and Vice President Harris Address the Nation on the Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Oakland Tech’s Ahmed Muhammad School’s 1st Black Male Valedictorian On Day Of Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Livestream Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season
- 11370 Golf Links Road, Oakland, CA | Michael and Nicole Wilhelm, Compass