Readout of Senior Administration Economic Officials’ Meeting with Small Business Leaders and Advocates
Notable that Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loans were discussed, and with the objective of getting more dollars to communities of color. Only two percent of all PPP Loans went to black business owners.
Today, Acting Small Business Administrator Tami Perriello, Director of the National Economic Council Brian Deese, Deputy Director of the National Economic Council Bharat Ramamurti, and other senior Biden-Harris Administration officials from the SBA and Department of Treasury held a virtual meeting with more than 100 representatives from small business advocates, minority and women small business leaders, lenders, and other economic organizations.
The senior administration officials underscored President Biden and Vice President Harris’s commitment to providing small businesses with the support they need throughout the economic downturn caused by the pandemic, especially ensuring minority- and women- owned businesses have fair and equitable access to small business relief programs. They discussed how the Biden-Harris Administration will focus on identifying Navigators to ensure small businesses in communities of color and underserved communities can better access the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and other emergency assistance programs.
Acting Administrator Perriello also asked community navigators to share successes about how the community navigator approach has helped undeserved businesses. The American Business Immigration Coalition and the Resurrection Project shared their perspectives on implementing a community navigator model in Illinois, and the City of Columbus provided insights on its community navigator efforts.
The senior administration officials thanked participants for joining and said they look forward to continued dialogue about the best ways to support small businesses throughout the ongoing economic crisis.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Fata Fut News: Today Top Trending News | 11 AM | 9 May 2021 – TV9
- New Trending Instagram Reels Videos | All Famous TikTok Star | Today Viral Insta Reels | Insta Reels
- Mount Zion Oakland Mother’s Day Church Service 2021
- Home For Sale At 9124 Lawlor St Oakland, CA
- Medina Sprit Had Steroids, May Lose Kentucky Derby Win, Trainer Bob Baffert Banned
- Jarrett Stidham Vs Mac Jones For Backup To Cam Newton In Auburn Vs Alabama Clash Of Patriots QBs
- Elon Musk Talks About Dogecoin On SNL Weekend Update But Will Market Respond?
- Elon Musk SNL Host – Dogefather Musk On Saturday Night Live Real-Time Reaction Livestream
- Nancy Sidebotham Is Running For Mayor Of Oakland In 2022 Mayoral Election – Will Talk Live May 10th
- Bay Area Transparency Vlog: Homeless Man Saved From Police In Fremont, Ca
- Teenager Knows His Rights! Bay Area Transparency Shoutout
- San Francisco California On A Rainy Day
- Hines 410 20th Street’s Paul Paradis Called Thomas Berkley, Oakland Post Publisher, Politician. No
- Elihu Harris: Who Is Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris? A Corrected Biography
- Crash On 8th And Henry, In West Oakland, April 24, 2021
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Port of Oakland Feature: Voices Of Key Stakeholders
- Ms Talmera Richardson speaks at OUSD Board Meeting 2/24/21
- Tampa Bay Rays vs Oakland Athletics Highlights May 7, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Ford F250 on Forgiatos in Oakland California
- 2020 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Hayward Newark San Jose Oakland Pleasanton Union City