Oakland, CA – Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf has donated both of her Warriors Raptors NBA Finals Game 6 tickets to the Alameda County Community Food Bank to raise money to fight food insecurity for families in the Bay Area.
Alameda County Community Food Bank is hosting an auction for the NBA Finals Game 6 tickets. The bidding will close at noon the day of the game, Thursday, June 13.
“Even where we live – in the wealthiest region in the world – families struggle with hunger,” Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf said. “I’m urging all basketball fans – from Warriors in Oakland to Raptors in Toronto and every city in between – to rise up to this challenge and support our most vulnerable residents.”
Game 6 of the 2019 NBA Finals will be the last Warriors game played in Oakland’s Oracle Arena at the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Complex. Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf donated 1 ticket to Game 4, which raised $7,600 for the Oakland Promise, an education initiative that sends Oakland kids to and through college.
The excitement is building for a game that some didn’t expect to happen. The Golden State Warriors are still the Defending NBA Champions.
WHERE: Fans can visit the Alameda County Food Bank website to enter their bid at www.accfb.org
WHEN: Bidding closes at NOON on Thursday, June 13. The winner will be notified by Alameda County Food Bank and can pick up tickets at Oakland City Hall, 1 Frank Ogawa Plaza, after being contacted and payment has been confirmed.
WHAT: The winner of the highest bid will receive two tickets to watch Game 6 from the suite of City of Oakland. The tickets do not include transportation or parking.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Adam Schefter Told Dan Patrick His Aaron Rogers Story Draft Day Story Was Made Up, Not From The QB
- 415 20th Street Thomas Berkeley Building Should Be Live / Work To Add Housing In Oakland
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL
- Oakland Police Department On Unsolved Homicide Of Henry Texada
- Oakland Police Captain Jones With Ceasefire, Captain Holmgren Talk Violent Crime
- Mass Vaccination Site at Oakland Coliseum Closing
- Leigh Steinberg Talks NFL Post 2021 Draft – Will COVID-19 Be The Same Problem As 2020?
- Carroll Fife Oakland District 3 Councilmember On Housing, Homelessness, and Reform
- This Bullying Oakland Mayor Schaaf Has Gone Too Far – Terrorizing Libby As Evil As Police Brutality
- SpaceX’s Starship SN15 Makes First Landing Without Exploding
- John Jones Has A Major Surprise For Oakland California Friends, Politicians
- Oakland Planning Commission Approved Giant 415 20th Skyscraper Ignores Homeless – Thomas Berkeley?
- Oakland Planning Commission Meets Livestream On 415 20th, The Tallest Building In Oakland, If Built
- Oakland And San Francisco Hire California Movers USA For Your Next Relocation
- 415 20th Street Will Be Oakland’s Tallest Building, Draw 3,800 Employees – Planning Commission Says It Has No Impact
- Oakland Lacrosse Club, Oakland Athletic League, OUSD Partner For Girls Lacrosse League
- Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism Of Walt Disney