The Bernal Heights Democratic Club, representing one of the most progressive neighborhoods in San Francisco, last night endorsed Chesa Boudin as their sole choice for District Attorney. It was the third night in a row that community organizations held forums for District Attorney candidates, and then voted after the forum to endorse Boudin.
“Chesa Boudin represents our best chance to reform a broken criminal justice system,” said Amy Beinart, club president. “He has literally spent his life advocating for reform, and has a solid record of achievement including leading the movement for bail reform and protecting immigrants from ICE. The Bernal Heights Democratic Club looks forward to supporting his campaign to bring new values of equity and justice to the SF District Attorney’s Office.”
Bernal Heights Democrats endorsed Thursday night, following the Latino Democratic Club on Wednesday and AFT 2121, representing City College Faculty, on Tuesday night.
“Our campaign is gaining momentum because San Francisco voters want change,” said Boudin. “I look forward to working with the Bernal Heights Democrats to take our campaign for criminal justice reform to every neighborhood in the city.”
The Boudin campaign, which began in January months later than rival candidates, has quickly gained strength in recent weeks. It has launched a door to door program bringing the campaign to San Francisco neighborhoods, opened phone banks, and speaks directly with commuters at bus and train stops weekday mornings before work.
The grassroots campaign has struck a chord with criminal justice reform advocates and community organizations. In addition to the three organizations which endorsed this week, Boudin is endorsed by the San Francisco Tenants Union, civil rights leader Angela Davis, Real Justice PAC, Smart Justice California, Shaun King, former Assemblymember Tom Ammiano, and Supervisors Sandra Fewer, Aaron Peskin, Gordon Mar and Hillary Ronen.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland News Now at OaklandNewsNow.com Is The Most Advanced Active News Blog Website Ever In Oakland
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft V2 Livestream By Zennie62Media For April 17th
- Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris On ESPN 30-For-30 Raiders Al Davis vs. NFL – The Aftermath
- Elihu Harris Former Oakland Mayor On ESPN 30-For-30, “Al Davis Versus The NFL”
- Walk Down MacArthur Blvd To Grand Av In Oakland Adams Point Made Into Instagram Art
- Oakland Marriott City Center Has Striking Mural Of Young Black Girl At Play That’s Amazing
- Detroit Tigers vs Oakland Athletics Highlights April 16, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Peaceful Demonstration Over Deadly Police Shootings Turns Violent in Oakland
- Demonstration in Oakland to Protest Police Shootings Turns Violent
- Kevin Samuels And Kevin Durant Use White-Owned Social Media To Say Bad Things About Black Folks
- Oakland NAACP Response to District Curriculum Adoption Recommendation.
- COVID-19 Vaccine At Dodger Stadium – By Joseph Armendariz
- The Alley Cat Bar In Oakland At 3325 Grand Avenue To Reopen Thursday April 22 2021
- Erica Chapman Makeup Artist In Deshaun Watson Lawsuit Poses Prostitute Problem For Tony Buzbee
- Marshawn Lynch: Sitting Down With Dr. Anthony Fauci
- OUSD Oakland Girls To Be In Soroptimist International’s “Steps to Success” On Saturday
- Derrick Soo Says WhereDoWeGoOakland.tv, A Remarkable Oakland Housing Effort, Is Active
- Sam Wilson Becomes Captain America In The Epic Falcon And The Winter Soldier Episode 5
- President Joe Biden Statement On The Mass Shooting In Indianapolis, Indiana
- TUTORIAL: Register for Oakland’s Online Permit Portal!