Berkeley mayor, elected officials sworn in after Election 2020. Sophie Hahn discusses Berkeley’s strong response to COVID-19. Ben Bartlett gives his 1-year old daughter a front row seat.
December 5th 2020 11:39am (The Berkeley Post for Oakland News Now) – Jesse Arreguín and three council members – Terry Taplin (District 2), Ben Bartlett (District 3) and Sophie Hahn (District 5) were sworn in to office today at the Old City Hall. The event lasted approximately 30 minutes. It was sunny and blue skies. The crowd included some of the current council members, Paola Laverde, Chair of the Berkeley Rent Stabilization Board, friends, family and the public. COVID-19 protocol were strictly enforced with attendees standing at least 6 feet apart. Mayor Arreguin addressed the crowd and explained that “The COVID-19 Pandemic is our highest priority over the next year”. Council Member Sophie Hahn talked about Berkeley’s fight against COVID-19 being one of the most responsive in California against in controlling the fight against COVID-19.
Ben Bartlett’s daughter got an early taste of being sworn in to office as Bartlett held her in his arms while taking his oath. She didn’t cry once as her mother, Yelda Bartlett and grandmother, Rosa Higgs watched on proudly.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Adam Schefter Told Dan Patrick His Aaron Rogers Story Draft Day Story Was Made Up, Not From The QB
- 415 20th Street Thomas Berkeley Building Should Be Live / Work To Add Housing In Oakland
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL
- Oakland Police Department On Unsolved Homicide Of Henry Texada
- Oakland Police Captain Jones With Ceasefire, Captain Holmgren Talk Violent Crime
- Mass Vaccination Site at Oakland Coliseum Closing
- Leigh Steinberg Talks NFL Post 2021 Draft – Will COVID-19 Be The Same Problem As 2020?
- Carroll Fife Oakland District 3 Councilmember On Housing, Homelessness, and Reform
- This Bullying Oakland Mayor Schaaf Has Gone Too Far – Terrorizing Libby As Evil As Police Brutality
- SpaceX’s Starship SN15 Makes First Landing Without Exploding
- John Jones Has A Major Surprise For Oakland California Friends, Politicians
- Oakland Planning Commission Approved Giant 415 20th Skyscraper Ignores Homeless – Thomas Berkeley?
- Oakland Planning Commission Meets Livestream On 415 20th, The Tallest Building In Oakland, If Built
- Oakland And San Francisco Hire California Movers USA For Your Next Relocation
- 415 20th Street Will Be Oakland’s Tallest Building, Draw 3,800 Employees – Planning Commission Says It Has No Impact
- Oakland Lacrosse Club, Oakland Athletic League, OUSD Partner For Girls Lacrosse League
- Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism Of Walt Disney