Ben Bartlett Berkeley Councilmember on CITRIS Research Exchange: Blockchain for the public good panel
From YouTube Channel: October 28, 2020 at 11:11PM
ONN – Ben Bartlett Berkeley Councilmember On CITRIS Blockchain For The Public Good Panel
By CITRIS Research Exchange, which reports…
Speaker(s): Panelists include Brian Behlendorf (Executive Director, Hyperledger), Berkeley Councilmember Ben Bartlett (Partner, Tackett Bartlett LLP), and Michele Benedetto Neitz (Professor of Law, Golden Gate University School of Law). Moderated by Camille Crittenden, Ph.D., Executive Director of CITRIS and the Banatao Institute.
Abstract: Blockchain technology has gained notoriety over the past decade as a platform for cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin, which has been used for illicit exchange of weapons and drugs, as well as paying off hackers whose ransomware holds computer systems hostage. At the same time, researchers and developers have been exploring the use of blockchain and the broader domain of distributed ledger technology for more beneficial applications, such as in healthcare, education, property title, and public finance.
California lawmakers commissioned a task force in 2019 to study the potential of blockchain for public sector applications by creating the Blockchain Working Group. The 20-member group, including those speaking today, comprised experts in computer science, cybersecurity, information technology, law, and policy. We were charged with drafting a working definition of blockchain, providing advice to State offices and agencies considering blockchain platforms, and offering guidance to policymakers to foster an open and equitable regulatory environment for the technology in California.
This talk will draw on the panelists’ expertise in the fundamental computer science and security concerns of blockchain, its applications for public finance, and ethical considerations of its development. We will also discuss the experience of working with a broad group of stakeholders to create a roadmap for policymakers, CIOs, and other leaders considering blockchain solutions for public sector applications.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- This Pastrami is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret | Word of Mouth
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2
- Rose Haze | Oakland Band | Live Performance at Balanced Breakfast’s Showcase | SxSW 2021
- 2421 67th Avenue Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- Bike Oakland & Piedmont: Around Mountain View Cemetery
- Oakland Unified School District Announces 2021 Teachers Of The Year
- Colonial Pipeline Paid Darkside Hackers $5 Million In Ransom Money – Bad Idea
- Black Business Roundtable hosted by Oakland’s Own Doug Blacksher
- How The 49ers vs Raiders Preseason Games Restarted When The Silver And Black Returned To Oakland
- Rusty Hardin Says Tony Buzbee Deshaun Watson Settlement Not Happening Talk Is Ironic
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling