New York – Doctor Who, BBC AMERICA’s hit action-adventure series, is back! Kicking off 2020, the Thirteenth Doctor (Jodie Whittaker) returns with the launch of the latest season on Wednesday, January 1 at 8pm ET/PT, resuming her time-and-space travels with friends Ryan (Tosin Cole), Yasmin (Mandip Gill) and Graham (Bradley Walsh). Subsequent episodes will air Sundays at 8pm ET/PT beginning January 5 on BBC AMERICA. Starting with a blockbuster, action-packed two-part episode entitled Spyfall, the Thirteenth Doctor is well and truly back with a bang.
BBC AMERICA also released today the official global trailer for Jodie Whittaker’s second season as the Doctor, which introduces terrifying new monsters alongside the return of some familiar but not-so-friendly faces.
Following the show’s return on New Year’s Day, BBC AMERICA has partnered with BBC Studios and Fathom Events to bring Doctor Who back to the big screen on Sunday, January 5. This one-day-only special event, featuring the premiere episode and an exclusive early unveiling of the second episode of the new season, will be simulcast to over 600 cinema screens nationwide. After the screening, audiences will be treated to a LIVE Q&A with Jodie Whittaker, Tosin Cole, and Mandip Gill, transmitted from The Paley Center for Media in New York. Tickets and a list of participating locations will be available beginning Friday, December 6 at the Fathom Events website.
Said BBC AMERICA Executive Director Courtney Thomasma, “What better way to ring in a new decade than with our favorite Time Lord? BBC AMERICA is excited to kick off the New Year with New Who, including a thrilling New Year’s Day premiere followed by new episodes every Sunday this winter. Last year, thousands of Whovians packed Madison Square Garden to celebrate Jodie Whittaker’s landmark debut as the first female Doctor. This year, we’re thrilled to partner with Fathom Events to bring that unique experience to fans all across the country, as Doctor Who embodies the idea of space for all. Let the New Year’s countdown begin!”
Previously announced guest stars for the thrilling new season of Doctor Who include British institution Stephen Fry (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, A Bit of Fry and Laurie), Sir Lenny Henry CBE (Broadchurch, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban), Goran Višnjić (ER, Timeless) and Robert Glenister (Paranoid, Law and Order: UK).
Fans will be able to enjoy Doctor Who for a week straight leading into premiere night, with a takeover event on BBC AMERICA of full seasons and specials with all the modern Doctors – Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi and Jodie Whittaker – from Tuesday, December 24 through Wednesday, January 1. In addition, the network will also debut animated “lost episodes,” titled “The Macra Terror,” as a special post-holiday treat on Thursday, December 26th at 9pm ET/PT.
Doctor Who is executive produced by showrunner Chris Chibnall and Matt Strevens. The series is a BBC AMERICA co-production with BBC Studios.
About BBC AMERICA:
BBC AMERICA is a hub of innovative, culturally contagious programming including the award-winning series Killing Eve starring Golden Globe® and SAG® Award-winner Sandra Oh and Emmy® and BAFTA Award-winner Jodie Comer. A joint venture between AMC Networks and BBC Studios (the commercial arm of the BBC), BBCA’s influential shows such as Doctor Who, Planet Earth II, Blue Planet II, Luther, Orphan Black, Broadchurch, Top Gear, The Graham Norton Show, among many others, have attracted critical acclaim and awards. Starting Q4 2019, BBC AMERICA transforms every Saturday into Wonderstruck, a new weekly 24-hour destination of wildlife and wonder. The network continues to be the exclusive U.S. television home to the Planet Earth collection and landmark series from BBC Studios’ Natural History Unit including the upcoming Sir David Attenborough-fronted series Seven Worlds, One Planet. BBCA has garnered one of television’s most curious, educated and affluent audiences, with many shows boasting super-fan levels of engagement. Get caught up, full episodes are available On Demand across all major digital platforms, BBC AMERICA app (Roku, Apple TV/iOS, Android/Android TV, Fire TV, Xbox and more) and bbcamerica.com. BBCA on social: YouTube – Twitter – Instagram – Facebook
Also, be sure to read about Insight Terminal Solutions, the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal, John Siegel and Phil Tagami, here at Oakland News Now.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Early morning fire causes evacuations at senior apartments on Eastern October 28, 2021
- Could the Great Barrier Reef lose its world heritage status? – BBC News October 28, 2021
- “Unite the Right” rally organizers on trial for deadly riot in 2017 October 28, 2021
- Santa Fe County sheriff says lead projectile recovered from set of Alec Baldwin film October 28, 2021
- Memorable moments: Packers beat Cardinals in final minute October 28, 2021
- Patriots LB Matt Judon on playing in New England without Tom Brady | KJM October 28, 2021
- Budget 2021: Government ‘resetting fiscal policy in quite a big way’ October 28, 2021
- Oura CEO Rai on wearable health tech, new Gen3 fitness ring October 28, 2021
- President Biden expected to meet with House Democrats ahead of major foreign trip October 28, 2021
- Tornadoes, severe weather tear apart homes and down trees across Texas and Louisiana October 28, 2021
- Renewable energy storage not prepared for transition: BofA’s Blanch October 28, 2021
- NBA Picks 10/28/2021 | Free NBA Bets, Picks, and Predictions October 28, 2021
- Moscow on the first day of new coronavirus lockdown October 28, 2021
- ‘Subminimum’ Pay for Disabled Workers Moves Closer to Extinction October 28, 2021
- Merck earnings beat on top and bottom lines, raises forecast October 28, 2021
- Biden To Announce New Social Spending Framework Expected To Win Support Of All Dems October 28, 2021
- Pittsburgh Man Sends Care Packages To Venezuela October 28, 2021
- GOP senators erupt at Garland in heated hearing. Cooper says they misrepresent the facts October 28, 2021
- Brock Lesnar destroys groups of Superstars: WWE Top 10, Oct. 28, 2021 October 28, 2021
- O.J. Howard on Career High Performance vs. Eagles | Slice October 28, 2021
- Sally Yates reveals battle with breast cancer October 28, 2021
- SEC indicates it won’t approve leveraged Bitcoin ETF, WSJ reports October 28, 2021
- General Hospital Tease | October 28th, 2021 October 28, 2021
- Capitol Hill riots: Republican lawmakers ask whether the FBI was involved October 28, 2021
- “All roads lead to Xavi” 👀 | What’s next for Barcelona after Koeman’s sacking? October 28, 2021
- FIFA 22 | Tottenham vs Manchester United – English Premier League 2021/22 – Full Gameplay October 28, 2021
- Fantasy Premier League GAMEWEEK 10 – Team Selection, Must Owns & Who to Avoid! With Olivia Buzaglo October 28, 2021
- Greene: There’s going to be an energy crunch, with prices staying higher for longer October 28, 2021
- Aureus CEO Firestone on what to look for in Apple, Amazon earnings October 28, 2021
- Hussein sentencing: ‘It’s all a performance to elicit sympathy’ October 28, 2021
- Mushkin: Amazon is building an unprecedented logistics network that has no rival October 28, 2021
- Astros even World Series with impressive 7-2 Game 2 triumph October 28, 2021
- Families reflect on World Series Game 2 as Braves lose to Astros 7-2 October 28, 2021
- ‘We Didn’t Worry’: Renewable Energy May Be Solution For Those Vulnerable To Power Outages October 28, 2021
- Watch Rachel Maddow Highlights: October 27th | MSNBC October 28, 2021
- BREAKING: Danyal Hussein jailed for 35 years for murder of Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman October 28, 2021
- Unique 3 flavour chaat || stylish Banana chat by Afshan Ansari Food Network. October 28, 2021
- Raymond James’ Chris Caso on what to expect from Apple’s Q3 earnings October 28, 2021
- Glenview Trust’s Bill Stone: Financials, industrials presenting opportunity October 28, 2021
- 2022 Chevrolet Silverado PICK UP Truck : SEE FIRST LOOK Good business October 28, 2021