ONN – BART Police Officers Subdue Knife-Wielding Man At Oakland Coliseum BART Station
BART Police Officers Subdue Knife-Wielding Man At Oakland Coliseum BART Station
From @Jerryfancomedy on Instagram, who wrote this account:
Today I witnessed something I’ve never witnessed before in Oakland, California. A young Hispanic man bypassed the fare gate at Coliseum BART station without paying; thus setting off the alarm. Two BART police officers just coincidentally happened to be about 20 feet away from where the man was, while I was watching all of this unfold perpendicular to where the officers were at the time. As the man continued walking away, the police officers followed the man while shouting for him to stop and go back to pay for his ride fare. The man clearly ignored their commands and then pulled out a knife. That’s when the officers pulled out their tasers. At this point, I ran for cover and started recording this video from a safe distance. You can tell my hands were shaking when I was recording this video as I was scared myself and did not know if the suspect also had a gun on him. You can clearly tell the officers were pleading for the man to drop the knife. I could hear everything that was being said clearly, even if this video doesn’t display the best audio quality. The suspect was tased multiple times. After the man was handcuffed, you can clearly see the knife on the floor. You can also see one of the officers picking up another similar knife by the wall (not sure if it was thrown by the suspect). I stopped recording when 6-8 other police officers showed up. I was interviewed by Sergeant, William Spears of #BartPolice for a witness statement, as I was the only witness to this situation. In my opinion, the officers handled this situation in a very professional manner. This could have escalated into something much worse; however, I’m just glad that nobody was hurt.
Great work BART Police and thanks for posting Jerry.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Adam Schefter Told Dan Patrick His Aaron Rogers Story Draft Day Story Was Made Up, Not From The QB
- 415 20th Street Thomas Berkeley Building Should Be Live / Work To Add Housing In Oakland
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL
- Oakland Police Department On Unsolved Homicide Of Henry Texada
- Oakland Police Captain Jones With Ceasefire, Captain Holmgren Talk Violent Crime
- Mass Vaccination Site at Oakland Coliseum Closing
- Leigh Steinberg Talks NFL Post 2021 Draft – Will COVID-19 Be The Same Problem As 2020?
- Carroll Fife Oakland District 3 Councilmember On Housing, Homelessness, and Reform
- This Bullying Oakland Mayor Schaaf Has Gone Too Far – Terrorizing Libby As Evil As Police Brutality
- SpaceX’s Starship SN15 Makes First Landing Without Exploding
- John Jones Has A Major Surprise For Oakland California Friends, Politicians
- Oakland Planning Commission Approved Giant 415 20th Skyscraper Ignores Homeless – Thomas Berkeley?
- Oakland Planning Commission Meets Livestream On 415 20th, The Tallest Building In Oakland, If Built
- Oakland And San Francisco Hire California Movers USA For Your Next Relocation
- 415 20th Street Will Be Oakland’s Tallest Building, Draw 3,800 Employees – Planning Commission Says It Has No Impact
- Oakland Lacrosse Club, Oakland Athletic League, OUSD Partner For Girls Lacrosse League
- Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism Of Walt Disney