LaTonda Simmons, the former City Clerk, is now City of Oakland Assistant City Administrator
Oakland – The Oakland City Council has confirmed the appointment of Ms. Asha Reed as City Clerk and Clerk of the Council. Ms. Reed has served as an employee of the City of Oakland since April 22, 2013, joining the ranks of the Office of the City Clerk as a Legislative Recorder and assuming the position of Assistant City Clerk since July 29, 2017.
During her tenure, Ms. Reed has served four iterations of City Council, four Council Presidents, five City Administrators, and two Mayors under the direction of the previous City Clerk. She has served as Acting City Clerk since June 1, 2020, and has demonstrated the skills and competence to effectively handle the responsibilities of the Office of the City Clerk. She continues to be an advocate in finding innovative ways to serve the City of Oakland.
“I am confident that Ms. Reed will continue to be an asset to the City in the role of City Clerk, continuing to provide support to the City Council, staff, and the public that values transparency, integrity, and public access,” said City Administrator Ed Reiskin.
City Council President Nikki Fortunato Bas said, “Ms. Reed is an excellent leader in our City. Our Council unanimously approved of her appointment as our City Clerk, which is an important position charged with managing our Council meetings and elections. We thank Ms. Reed for her service and appreciate her leadership.”
Ms. Reed is a Bay Area native who holds a Bachelor’s in Advertising from San Jose State University, a Master’s in Integrated Marketing Communications with a focus in Public Relations from Golden Gate University, and recently received her Master of Public Administration from Cal State East Bay.
“I am grateful to the administration and the Oakland City Council for the appointment, and I look forward to continually serving Oakland,” said Ms. Reed.
Post based on press release from City of Oakland to Zennie62Media, Inc.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Votes To Use $10 Million To Restore Vital Community Services
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce Good On Greens, Fish, Shrimp, And Pasta. Mark Zuckerberg, Thanks!
- Patriots WR Julian Edelman Retires After 11 Years. HOF Next? By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Rapper RIFF RAFF Partnering With NFT Platform Sweet For NFT Collection For Turquoise Tornado Album
- Julian Edelman Failed Physical – Is This The End For Patriots Great Wide Receiver?
- Analyzing NEW Bucs 7-Round Mock Draft
- Zennie62Media Helps OUSD And Oakland REACH, Which Ignores Its Oakland News Now For Lesser NY Times
- Daunte Wright Shooting Was Accidental Says Brooklyn Center MN Police Chief, Gun Pulled Not Taser
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft [FULL 1st Round] | CBS Sports HQ
- President Biden White House Issues American Jobs Plan State By State Report
- Drone Aerial Footage Of Downtown Oakland, City Center, Using The DJI MINI
- Giant Community Band Plays At Oakland Lake Merritt On Sunday
- Will Someone Tell Andy Ngo A Black Guy Protesting Does Not Mean He’s From Black Lives Matter
- Brooklyn Center MN Police Killing Black 20-Yr Old Daunte Wright Over Air-Freshener Leads To Protests
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3 Has Tango Shalom Star Lainie Kazan Starring With Nia Vardalos
- Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, Then Councilmember, At Oakland Global Intermodal Groundbreaking In 2013
- Storytime With Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf At Oakland Public Library On YouTube
- 339 Lester Ave, Unit # 9, Oakland 1 Bedroom Rental Near Grand Lake Theater
- BAFTAs 2021 FULL SHOW | 74th British Academy Film Awards : Nomadland
- Congratulations To Hideki Matsuyama The First Japanese Winner Of The Masters As He Wins 2021 Masters