LaTonda Simmons, the former City Clerk, is now City of Oakland Assistant City Administrator
Oakland – The Oakland City Council has confirmed the appointment of Ms. Asha Reed as City Clerk and Clerk of the Council. Ms. Reed has served as an employee of the City of Oakland since April 22, 2013, joining the ranks of the Office of the City Clerk as a Legislative Recorder and assuming the position of Assistant City Clerk since July 29, 2017.
During her tenure, Ms. Reed has served four iterations of City Council, four Council Presidents, five City Administrators, and two Mayors under the direction of the previous City Clerk. She has served as Acting City Clerk since June 1, 2020, and has demonstrated the skills and competence to effectively handle the responsibilities of the Office of the City Clerk. She continues to be an advocate in finding innovative ways to serve the City of Oakland.
“I am confident that Ms. Reed will continue to be an asset to the City in the role of City Clerk, continuing to provide support to the City Council, staff, and the public that values transparency, integrity, and public access,” said City Administrator Ed Reiskin.
City Council President Nikki Fortunato Bas said, “Ms. Reed is an excellent leader in our City. Our Council unanimously approved of her appointment as our City Clerk, which is an important position charged with managing our Council meetings and elections. We thank Ms. Reed for her service and appreciate her leadership.”
Ms. Reed is a Bay Area native who holds a Bachelor’s in Advertising from San Jose State University, a Master’s in Integrated Marketing Communications with a focus in Public Relations from Golden Gate University, and recently received her Master of Public Administration from Cal State East Bay.
“I am grateful to the administration and the Oakland City Council for the appointment, and I look forward to continually serving Oakland,” said Ms. Reed.
Post based on press release from City of Oakland to Zennie62Media, Inc.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Berkeley Councilmember Ben Bartlett Says FAA Threatens City’s Skies
- President Biden, First Lady, Vice President Harris Statements On Walter Mondale’s Passing
- Oakland A’s Road Warrior Ways Produce 8-Game Win Streak, 9-7 Record
- City of Oakland, Partners, Welcome New Brooklyn Basin Affordable Housing Units Residents
- VP Kamala Harris On Diplomacy With Mexico Northern Triangle Countries During Press Gaggle
- Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings | Official Teaser
- Oakland Schools News: OEA & OUSD Reach Tentative Agreement On 21-22 School Year Calendar
- Rusty Hardin, Deshaun Watson Lawyer, Asserts Client’s Innocence In Statement After Filing Response
- WhereDoWeGoOakland Is An Oakland Success By Derrick Soo
- Texans QB Deshaun Watson Answer To 22 Tony Buzbee Lawsuits Details Lies, Money Grab
- First Flight of the Ingenuity Mars Helicopter: Live from Mission Control
- LIVE: Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team — 4/19/21
- WHITE HOUSE LIVE CAM – Washington D.C. | USA | earthTV®
- USS Oakland (LCS-24) Commissioning Ceremony
- Capolow Talks Oakland, The Bay Area, Having His Own Strain, Signing To Cinematic
- USS Oakland (LCS 24) Joins the Fleet
- Daunte Wright and Adam Toledo Protest – Oakland 4/16
- Oakland A’s 2021 Final Out and Win Celebration VS Detroit Tigers 4/17/21
- Oakland Pre-K Through 6th Grade Classes Set to Reopen Monday
- Port of Oakland Drone Flight 4K