Oakland Councilmember Annie Campbell Washington fashioned a story where she was leaving the Oakland City Council because of the toxic, corrupt environment hallmarked by Oakland Councilmember Desley Brooks.
This was the claim made two Thursday’s ago.
But it was revealed to me and the Goldman School article shown in the video and that you can see here, reflects that Councilmember Campbell Washington took the job of Executive Director of the Master of Public Policy Program at the UC Berkeley policy school and was named for it to the public on January 28th, 2018.
Because the Goldman School’s news webpage is not on Google News, the article did not pop up to be reported on by other media outlets.
But the question is why didn’t Annie reveal this to anyone and to the media? Did she and Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf cook up this alternative story just to form a campaign against Brooks? It sure looks that way.
One observer said to me that it could have been that Annie ran for re-election after she was named to the job at the Goldman School. but City of Oakland records show that Washington filed to run for reelection November 2018 as far back as August of 2017.
In order for Annie to have been named to the Goldman School post January 28, 2018, she would have had to interview for the position in 2017. That was far before the racor of 2018 between Brooks, Mayor Schaaf and Councilmember Campbell Washington and Oakland District Three Councilmember Lynette Gibson McElhaney argued over Rules Committee changes that Brooks believed were targeted for her.
As for the Goldman job, it looks more and more like an opportunity that dropped into Annie’s lap in 2017. So she went for it.
But this cover story about Brooks looks bad for Annie and for Libby, too.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland A’s PITCHER Sergio Romo drops his PANTS during inspection by umpire for FOREIGN substances
- City Auditor Pt1 Courtney Ruby, Oakland City Auditor, All About Community, June 8, 2021
- Boxing Keith Thurman Says Pacquiao Fist Feel Like a Rock Spence Better Listen – By Eric Pangilinan
- Atlanta Hawks Upset Milwaukee Bucks 116-113 To Win NBA East Finals Game 1
- Sonic The Hedgehog Celebrates It’s 30th Anniversary As A Franchise, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Hawks Trae Young Shimmy Scores Three vs Bucks NBA Playoffs Game 1 2021
- Raiders Josh Jacobs Was Not happy Losing Hudson And Jackson – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Coming Out Of Retirement- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Derek Carr Supports Teammate Carl Nassib – By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Receiver John Brown Building Chemistry With QB Derek Carr
- John McAfee, Who Ran For President vs Donald Trump In 2015, Died In Spanish Prison
- Loki Lamentis Review Recap – By Jessica Dwyer
- Loki Episode 3: Does The Ark Reference Have Symbolic Meaning To Noah’s Ark? By Joseph Armendariz
- 2412 Kingsland Ave Oakland, CA 94601
- Bike Oakland/Alameda: Bay Trail & Bay Farm Island
- Oakland City Budget 2021-23: Oakland City Council President Bas Presents Amendments
- 2020 USWNT U.S. Olympics Women’s Soccer Team Announced June 23 2021
- IKEA in Atlanta Under Fire For Juneteenth Celebration Menu By Joseph Armendariz
- Loki Is Bisexual Says Director Kate Herron – But What Would Thor Say About That?
- My Cryptocurrency Portfolio Is Up Today, June 23 2021; Changed Its Composition. What Works For You?
Oakland News Now Archives
- California eviction moratorium still in limbo ahead of June 30 expiration – San Francisco Chronicle
- Adams leads in NYC mayoral primary but 2 others have a shot – theday.com
- Giant Crane To Pass Under Golden Gate Bridge En Route To Oakland – Patch.com
- Oakland Police Department using de-escalation simulator to train officers on use of force – California News Times
- Oakland A’s minor-league updates: Who’s making the case for a promotion? – The Mercury News
- Photos: Rally and vigil follows Juneteenth shooting at Lake Merritt – The Oaklandside
- Gwyneth Paltrow Probably Didn’t Write This Guide to What’s Cool and New in SF – Flipboard
- Crystal Teahon Obituary (1941 – 2021) – Cordes Lakes, AZ – Custer County Chief – Legacy.com
- East Bay Assembly candidates lay out LGBTQ plans – Bay Area Reporter, America’s highest circulation LGBT newspaper
- Cruise ships are back in business, but new rules mean changes – CNET