Angelique Kerber beat Serena Williams? In 2018 Wimbledon? Yes. She did.
In a win shocking for its efficiency, as much as who it was against, Angelique Kerber bear the reining champion Serena Williams 6-3, 6-3 to win her first Wimbledon. With Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton watching, Angelique Kerber played at a super-human level to win against Serena Williams. The German female tennis player stopped what would have been Williams eighth title.
In all, it was a tale of Williams not at her best self, as much as Angelique Kerber was. Williams only made 4 aces versus 1 for Kerber, however, Williams had two double faults – completely uncharacteritic for her and to add to 24 unforced errors. Also, Kerber made returns that, in the past, she would have missed. Running cross-court like the wind to get to Williams shots that were clear on the other side, then returning to just hit the court before the end line. That happened on several occasions.
After the Wimbledon match, Williams said that she didn’t expect to get as far as she did. A modest statement for one who was just a win away from tying Margaret Court for major title wins. As Williams said, Kerber played “she played out of her mind.”
Angelique Kerber becomes just the 2nd woman to defeat Serena Williams in two Slam finals, wins 63 63 to become the 1st German woman to win #Wimbledon since Stefanie Graf in1996.
What a performance.
— WTA Insider (@WTA_insider) July 14, 2018
After the win, Kerber was literally shadowed by the ESPN cameras, from hallways to walkways, and with the lens right in her face. The 30-year-old looked like Alice in Wonderland, and in a new place in life she clearly wasn’t quite used to. By contrast for the new mom Serena Williams, she has come a long way over the years, and from being the victim of a racist society to being the darling of a loving society.
Serena Williams came back from pregnancy to make it to the finals of Wimbledon at almost 37 years old. That’s greatness.
Despite the loss, she’s still the GOAT.
— Everette Taylor (@Everette) July 14, 2018
To say that she World has not changed over the time Serena Williams has played would be a complete understatement. It would also be a complete understatement to say Serena Williams had something to do with that.
LET ZENNIE62MEDIA TELL YOUR STORY
Let ZENNIE62MEDIA Tell The Story About You The Media Refuses To Produce. Visit our site and hire Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In RelocationTalks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling
- RaceTrac Fayetteville Ga Gas Pumps Out Of Gas Except Diesel Due To Cyberattack
- 2021 NFL Schedule Revealed On NFL Network’s Schedule Release 21 Show
- NFL Gives Nine Social Justice Programs $2.5 Million
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With Bike Oakland: Bancroft And International
- Rockets Kill 2 Israelis, Airstrikes Kill 28 In Gaza | MSNBC
- Crocker Highlands Mid-Century, Oakland, CA, 94610
- Violent Israeli-Palestinian Unrest Kills At Least 33 | The 11th Hour
- MLB tells Oakland A’s to start exploring other cities
- Team Coverage: Major League Baseball Greenlights Oakland A’s To Consider Relocating
- Talk’s Las Vegas Athletics For Oakland A’s Relocation But Portland Has 50K Signatures For MLB Ballpark
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership
- Las Vegas Raiders New Number Changers For 2021 Season. By Joseph Armendariz
- May 11, 2021
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News