ONN – Amy Cooper Calls Police On Black Man Who Asked Her To Leash Her Dog In NYC.
Amy Cooper is a VP of Investment Solutions for Franklin Templeton in New York City. Her racist behavior done to an African American man in Central Park, and who posted the encounter on Twitter, did her company no favors. But that is why racism is a mental illness.
Amy Cooper not only embarrassed her firm but abused her dog too. The way she choked him was just plain criminal. But Ms. Cooper was so busy calling the cops on a black guy and making up a lie, she forgot about what she in a normal state of mind would cherish: her job and her dog.
Amy Cooper Said She Was Sorry On Television Interview
In this update, MarketWatch reports that Cooper was placed on administrative leave by Franklin Templeton. “We take these matters very seriously, and we do not condone racism of any kind,” in a statement from Franklin Templeton. “While we are in the process of investigating the situation, the employee involved has been put on administrative leave.”
Cooper later apologized for the incident in a phone interview with NBC New York.
“I sincerely and humbly apologize to everyone, especially to that man, his family,” Amy Cooper told NBC New York. “It was unacceptable and I humbly and fully apologize to everyone who’s seen that video, everyone that’s been offended… everyone who thinks of me in a lower light and I understand why they do.”
The man who made the video, Christian Cooper, explained to NBC New York that he asked Amy to put the dog on a leash, and when she didn’t he offered the pooch a treat. (As a trivia aside, Heavy reports that Christian Cooper “is a former Marvel Comics editor and writer who now works as the senior biomedical editor at Health Science Communications.”)
“The only way they can keep the dog from eating the treat is to put it on a leash,” he told NBC New York. “At some point, she decided I’m gonna play the race card, I guess.”
So, Mr. Cooper was trying to be nice, and Ms. Cooper calls the cops – because he’s black.
Amy Cooper told NBC New York she felt threatened because she was unaware what the dog treats were made of.
Cooper was bent on misusing law enforcement by making up a story proven false by the video itself. According to New York Lawyers website, “It is critically important to recognize that Falsely Reporting an Incident can either be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony. As such, it is punishable by up to one year in jail and as much as up to seven years in state prison.”
Amy Cooper Brings Up BBQ Becky Jennifer Schulte
A number of people, including me, immediately recalled the Oakland, California incident involving the woman named Jennifer Schulte, who was dubbed “BBQ Becky”.
This is part of what I wrote, then:
For some reason still not known to the public (and maybe not really known to herself) the woman named Doctor Jennifer Schulte elected to walk on the sidewalk of Lakeshore Avenue next to Lake Merritt and pick out a group of African American Oaklanders who were preparing to hold a barbecue picnic. Why? Ostensibly, to express her anger with them and then call the Oakland Police Department, and all just for using a charcoal grill to prepare their meat.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- City Of Oakland Bilingual Citywide COVID-19 Video With Mayor Libby Schaaf, OFD, OPD
- First Unitarian Church Of Oakland: Earth — Celebrate And Save It
- 755 65th St Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Timothy Douglas, OEA Negotiator, On OEA-OUSD Oakland School Reopening Tentative Agreement Before Final
- Raiders Mark Davis Right, We’re Wrong About Derek Chauvin Verdict Tweet, Here’s Why
- Oakland Police Should March In Solidarity With Black Community Post Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: What Was Las Vegas Thinking With That Derek Chauvin Verdict Entry?
- President Biden and Vice President Harris Address the Nation on the Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Oakland Tech’s Ahmed Muhammad School’s 1st Black Male Valedictorian On Day Of Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Livestream Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds