Alex Epstein, author of the recently published book “The Moral Case For Fossil Fuels,” will be the guest of Zennie Abraham on Zennie62 On YouTube and Oakland News Now, Thursday, February 21st, at 12 noon PST / 3 pm EST. The topic will be his book, and his take on the Oakland Bulk & Oversized Terminal issue, and the hyperbole about coal and its role in America and the World’s energy needs.
The Oakland Bulk & Oversized Terminal OBOT is the controversial project that’s part of the “Oakland Global” replacement for the long-closed Oakland Army Base. The terminal will be the culmination of a long-talked about dream of a deep-water port designed to transfer container rain commodities from rail to ship quickly, cheaply, and cleanly.
The OBOT becamed mired in controversy after a political wave of anti-coal activism hit the project in 2014. Prior to that year documents and testimonials point to the City of Oakland itself understanding that the Oakland Bulk & Oversized Terminal would handle minerals like iron ore and coal as they made there way from the United States to places like China from rail to ship.
After anti-coal activists put political pressure on Oakland elected officials, the OBOT was stalled by City of Oakland inaction. Insight Terminal Solutions and California Capital Investment, the developers, fought back via a successful lawsuit, and have filed another one as recently as late last year.
Triggering all of these events has been a series of ideas around what the Oakland public thinks the Oakland Bulk & Oversized Terminal is, versus what it really is. For example, the OBOT is not a coal factory.
Conversation about the Oakland Bulk & Oversized Terminal has taken on the look of a typical liberal / conservative debate, with all of the name-calling and vitriol that comes with it. There has been one side presented to date: the one that says the OBOT is bad and a polluter, when the developers insist it’s not.
Enter Alex Epstein.
Alex’s book “The Moral Case For Fossil Fuels” presents an opportunity to hear a different view on the Oakland Bulk & Oversized Terminal issue, and get to know the author of a work that will challenge what you and I think we know about fossil fuels and their role in not just America’s energy use and production, but also climate change. We will have a contructive talk about energy and technology and how we can use technology to make energy delivery and use better.
It’s free and easy to watch and listen to the interview. Zennie62 On YouTube’s link is here.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave