Alameda, CA – On the eve of an introduction of a code of conduct for Alameda School Board members, a shocking, vicious physical attack by Alameda School Board member Gray Harris has come to light. According to police reports, Harris jumped on the back of another woman, hit her in the face, bit her breast, kicked her, and pulled her hair in an unprovoked altercation at Bimbo’s 365 Club in San Francisco. The attack was so violent, the police officer at the scene who witnessed the victim’s injuries got a judge to issue an immediate emergency restraining order to protect the victim, according to court reports.
The attack by Gray Harris at a New Year’s Eve event may have involved alcohol. The incident occurred Jan 1, 2008, but just came to light as the Alameda School Board looks at codes of conduct for its members. Does the word “irony” come to mind? How about the old adage: “People who live in glasses houses shouldn’t throw stones?” Maybe it’s time for Harris to think about her past behavior and whether she is fit to serve school children. Or, if she is a good role model for children and teachers? But more on that below.
According to sources close to Harris, she is pushing a code of conduct for school board members in an attempt to punish another Board member Jennifer Williams, who was pulled over recently on DUI allegations in Alameda. Williams quickly addressed the issue, publically said she made a mistake, and publically apologized for any concerns or embarrassment she caused her family and the district. In short, she handled her mistake professionally and took full responsibility.
In Harris’ attack, which she has kept mum about for a dozen years, the victim reported “She (Harris) jumped on me from behind and pulled my hair. She bit me, scratched my face and hit me. She pulled to the ground by my hair, clawed my face, kicked me,” according to the police report.
The victim, who we are keeping anonymous here, told police that she was “genuinely in fear for (my) personal safety as well as my husband’s safety. I am afraid that she will try to kill me.”
In addition to the emergency restraining order, the victim won a court-ordered restraining order against Harris. The court order was issued in January 2008 and Harris stipulated to its extension through 2009. There may have been a private monetary settlement by Harris to the victim, but there is no documentation available.
As some may recall, Harris, who is white, was accused of racism when she spearheaded the school board to change its bylaws to block an African-American board member from becoming president of the board in 2019.
The East Bay Express noted at that time that “Harris denied the bylaw revision was racially motivated and expressed concerns about (Ardella) Dailey’s leadership skills and ability to be an effective board president.” Instead, Harris helped secure the board presidency for her friend, Mia Bonta, wife of Assemblyman Rob Bonta.
So, bottom-line, perhaps it is best for the Alameda School Board not to focus on a code of conduct for its members. Instead, just perhaps, the board should focus on kids, parents, teachers, and schools. Equally important, there is a parcel tax coming up in Alameda. If it doesn’t pass, there may not be money for staff, let alone enforcing ridiculous codes of conduct.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- ‘Absolutely, this is a coup’: Adviser to Sudan’s PM speaks to CNN October 25, 2021
- $1000 for Tom Brady’s Game Ball? | Good Morning Football October 25, 2021
- FREE NFL 10/25/21 Picks and Predictions Today NFL Betting Tips and Analysis October 25, 2021
- Amazon is a microcosm of the U.S. economy, says Fast Money editor October 25, 2021
- Chicago Bears Live – Matt Nagy Media Availability October 25, 2021
- NBA Betting Today – Monday 10/25 – Picks + Props + Sports Betting Analysis October 25, 2021
- Julianna Margulies on playing an LGBTQ+ character on “The Morning Show” October 25, 2021
- Storm dumps fresh snow across the sierra October 25, 2021
- Jumpsuit Plus Sizes / Women’s Clothing Boutique Fashion Trends 💕 October 25, 2021
- Turk: If I Was Still an Addict, I Would Look for the Drugs that Killed Michael K Williams (Part 15) October 25, 2021
- Citigroup CEO: ‘Very tangible benefits’ come from digital currencies October 25, 2021
- Finn Bálor’s Demon summons him: WWE Canvas 2 Canvas October 25, 2021
- Awarding the Best Performances of Week 7 | Good Morning Football October 25, 2021
- New Jersey Governor: We Can’t Afford To Go Backwards October 25, 2021
- Sexy Stylish Skirts / Women’s Clothing Boutique Fashion Trends 🌸 October 25, 2021
- #Shorts Rachel Scott of ABC News gives us a news brief on Texas Abortion Law Consequences October 25, 2021
- Verizon Game Rewind | Warriors Complete California Sweep in Sacramento – Oct. 24, 2021 October 25, 2021
- BREAKING: Petrol price hits a record 142.94p per litre October 25, 2021
- Understanding Facebook’s issues ahead of the company’s Q3 earnings report October 25, 2021
- Rex Ryan does NOT believe in the Green Bay Packers’ defense | Get Up October 25, 2021
- ‘Squid Game’ sparks global Korean Dalgona candy craze October 25, 2021
- Top African goalscorers | Premier League | Riyad Mahrez, Mohamed Salah, Didier Drogba & more October 25, 2021
- Braves headed to the World Series for the first time since 1999 October 25, 2021
- Citigroup CEO Jane Fraser joins Yahoo Finance’s All Markets Summit 2021 October 25, 2021
- ‘Day of reckoning’ for tech industry, Lo Toney says October 25, 2021
- WorldView: Sudan’s acting prime minister detained in apparent military coup October 25, 2021
- Jason Sudeikis Reprises His Joe Biden Impression On ‘Saturday Night Live’ October 25, 2021
- World Series Preview: Astros, Braves show down in 2021 Fall Classic! October 25, 2021
- Tamron Hall talks new book, ‘As the Wicked Watch’ October 25, 2021
- Andrew Ross Sorkin: Facebook Controversies Won’t Impact Company’s Bottom Line October 25, 2021
- Republicans block voting rights bill as filibuster threatens Biden’s agenda October 25, 2021
- Citigroup CEO on inflation: ‘We’re probably in for a bit of a brutal winter’ October 25, 2021
- Nikki A.S.H Learns Things About India: WWE Superstars Ki Paathshala – Ep.3: WWE Now India October 25, 2021
- Alissa Violet SUING FaZe Clan for Shares of $300 Million Org October 25, 2021
- Robert Costa: Trump Was Calling Into Willard ‘War Room’ October 25, 2021
- Setting Up A Make-Or-Break Week For Infrastructure: Where Are We? October 25, 2021
- NBA Picks 10/25/2021 | Free NBA Bets, Picks, and Predictions October 25, 2021
- Boris Johnson ‘Touch and Go’ If COP26 Climate Summit Will Be a Success October 25, 2021
- Protests Erupt in Sudan As Prime Minister Arrested in Military Takeover October 25, 2021
- Surprising Banks With His Dream Gift October 25, 2021