This was via a press release from the City of Alameda, California.
Alameda Firefighter Tests Positive for COVID-19
City encourages employees and residents to take common sense steps that slow the spread
Late yesterday March 10, City officials learned that an Alameda Firefighter tested positive for COVID-19. Following the positive test, it is our understanding that County public health officials in the County where the individual is being quarantined began a thorough investigation to identify anyone who might have been in close personal contact with the individual, which is protocol. The City of Alameda is fully cooperating with County public health officials.
The City is taking extra precautions to protect the health and safety of our employees and the community. The City is increasing the frequency and level of cleaning at our facilities, including at all City fire stations. In addition to enhancing cleaning, we are cancelling or postponing large City-sponsored events, deploying hand sanitizer stations at key locations across Alameda, and promoting recommended actions to slow the spread of COVID-19 to employees and residents.
We understand this news may be alarming to our community, as well as our employees and their families. The best thing we can do to protect ourselves and our community, especially those who are more vulnerable, is follow recommended precautions, including:
· Washing hands with soap and water
· Covering your cough or sneeze
· Avoiding touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
· Staying away from work, school, or other people if you become sick
· Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
· Following guidance from public health officials
· Calling your health care provider first before seeking medical care
As a City, the health and welfare of our employees and community members is our top priority. We will continue to provide updates at www.alamedaca.gov/alerts as more information is available.
Alameda School Board Member Gray Harris who was the focus of a 2008 restraining order, is said to be married (and is the romantic partner to) an Alameda firefighter Jeff DelBono. So, she needs to get checked, ASAP.
Alameda Firefighter’s Crabfest Postponed
And in this additional and related news, the Alameda Firefighter’s Crab Fest that was planned for Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 5 PM – 11 PM PDT has been postponed. As posted on Facebook:
Friends and family,
We regret to inform you that in response to the increasing spread and communicability of coronavirus/COVID-19, our 2020 Crab Feed is being postponed indefinitely. This decision was difficult, considering how highly anticipated and how beneficial this event is to local charities, but it was made with public safety in mind. We do plan to hold a feed to benefit these local charities at a later date, pending the end of flu season, date TBD. We will communicate all of the event details, including the date change, to everyone who has purchased tickets. We hope you will be able to attend our rescheduled date, but if you cannot, refunds for tickets will be issued upon request. Tickets purchased online can be refunded using the Brown Paper Tickets website.
We are sorry for the inconveniences that this may cause and we regret that were delaying this opportunity to have a good time with good people for a good cause. We appreciate your continued support and look forward seeing all of you soon.
For questions or concerns, please contact me via phone, 650-714-9384 or email [email protected]
Alameda Firefighters Local 689
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- City Of Oakland Bilingual Citywide COVID-19 Video With Mayor Libby Schaaf, OFD, OPD
- First Unitarian Church Of Oakland: Earth — Celebrate And Save It
- 755 65th St Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Timothy Douglas, OEA Negotiator, On OEA-OUSD Oakland School Reopening Tentative Agreement Before Final
- Raiders Mark Davis Right, We’re Wrong About Derek Chauvin Verdict Tweet, Here’s Why
- Oakland Police Should March In Solidarity With Black Community Post Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: What Was Las Vegas Thinking With That Derek Chauvin Verdict Entry?
- President Biden and Vice President Harris Address the Nation on the Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Oakland Tech’s Ahmed Muhammad School’s 1st Black Male Valedictorian On Day Of Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Livestream Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds