After lawsuit settlement, will Aimco and Aibnb develop a special web presence to reflect their new relationship?
On Monday, this space Oakland News Now reported the following about Aimco and Aibnb:
A Florida trial between Aimco, one of the nation’s largest apartment property owners, and San Francisco-based tech giant Airbnb, scheduled to start Monday, could determine the viability of a large chunk of the online community marketplace’s business…. Apartment home provider Aimco filed a lawsuit against Airbnb in Florida’s 11th Judicial Circuit Court in Miami, in an effort to stop the tech company from listing the company’s apartment properties on the Airbnb website. Aimco’s apartment leases specifically prohibit renters to sub-lease their apartments. In the lawsuit, Aimco said that it has asked Airbnb to stop listing its
apartments on Airbnb.com, but that the short-term rental company has refused.
The court affair was expected to become a jury trial, and the first court case involving a property owner and Airbnb that would do so.
Then, on Tuesday, the unexpected happened:
Earlier today, Apartment Investment and Management Company (Aimco) and Airbnb jointly announced the settlement of all their disputes and the dismissal of all litigation between them and issued the following statement: “Apartment Investment and Management Company (Aimco) and Airbnb jointly announced today a settlement of all their disputes and the dismissal of all litigation between them. The parties believe the settlement is in both sides’ best interests. Aimco believes that the parties’ agreement provides
Aimco with the ability to control short-term rental activity consistent with its contract and property rights. As part of the settlement, Aimco and Airbnb have agreed to meet to discuss opportunities in the multifamily housing industry.”
What’s not clear is what that means. Does it mean that the Airbnb website is automatically closed off to Aimco properties, and if so, it’s certainly not a technical adjustment that is already in place. Moreover, it would take some time and talks to first come to an agreement on such a user-interface. Or does it mean that any time a Aimco property is the focus of use by an Airbnb customer, the landlord is notified as a kind of breakwater against a signup?
And what about the mini-market that the Zennie62 vlog pointed to:
Whatever the case, the legal battle has been averted. For now.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Free Football Pick UCLA Bruins vs Stanford Cardinal Prediction, 9/25/2021 College Football Best Bet September 25, 2021
- Stanford Football: UCLA Motivational September 25, 2021
- Washington vs Cal 9/25/21 Free College Football Picks and Predictions Week 4 2021 September 25, 2021
- Mail thieves caught on camera in Oakland September 25, 2021
- Home For Sale – 2364 E 16th St Oakland, CA 94601 September 25, 2021
- 2018 SUBARU Outback Walnut Creek, San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, Vallejo J3219216 September 25, 2021
- Brian Laundrie search: INSIDE motel where Gabby Petito’s fiancé stayed after the traffic stop September 25, 2021
- Oakland Residents Starting to Inquire About Getting COVID Boosters September 25, 2021
- Houston Astros vs Oakland Athletics Highlights September 24, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021 September 25, 2021
- Rep. Lauren Boebert Paid Rent, Utilities With Campaign Funds, Filing Shows September 25, 2021
- Kroger Fayetteville GA Store’s Produce Bag Dispensers Placed Too High To Reach September 25, 2021
- TOP 15 YouTube Mistakes Small YouTubers Make – Why Your Channel Isn’t Growing September 25, 2021
- Palo Alto woman accused of starting Fawn Fire allegedly had lighter in her pocket: DA September 25, 2021
- PG&E charged in Zogg Fire that killed 4 last year September 25, 2021
- The Road to 3-0, Dolphins’ Change at QB and More Storylines Heading Into Week 3 | Raiders | NFL September 25, 2021
- Shaquille O’Neal’s Credit Card was Declined at Walmart September 25, 2021
- NBA players flirting with officials September 25, 2021
- Little Italy – Standoff ends with man almost hitting pedestrians September 25, 2021
- Search for Brian Laundrie continues Saturday after false-alarm at the family house September 25, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Running Back Josh Jacobs And Richie Incognito Still Injured By Eric Pangilinan September 24, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders ESPN Named QB Derek Carr The Most Underappreciated In The NFL By Eric Pangilinan September 24, 2021
- Frank Somerville Of KTVU Suspended For Gabby Petito Social Media Comments He Told Blogger Richard Lieberman September 24, 2021
- Cam Jordan on Mac Jones, Belichick’s Offense | New Orleans Saints September 24, 2021
- Jameis Winston on Sean Payton & Bill Belichick | New Orleans Saints September 24, 2021
- Coach Gruden on Final Prep for Miami and Richie Incognito’s Progress | Las Vegas Raiders | NFL September 24, 2021