Los Angeles – Casting Director David Rubin was re-elected president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences today by the organization’s Board of Governors. Mr. Rubin was first elected the 35th president of AMPAS last August, 2019.
Also elected to officer positions by the Board:
Lois Burwell, First Vice President
(chair, Awards and Events Committee)
Larry Karaszewski, Vice President
(chair, Preservation and History Committee)
Isis Mussenden, Vice President
(chair, Museum Committee)
Wynn P. Thomas, Vice President
(chair, Education and Outreach Committee)
Jim Gianopulos, Treasurer
(chair, Finance Committee)
Janet Yang, Secretary
(chair, Membership and Governance Committee)
David Rubin is beginning his second term as president and his eighth year as a governor representing the Casting Directors Branch. Burwell and Karaszewski were re-elected to their posts. Gianopulos returns to a previously held office after a hiatus. This will be the first officer stint for Mussenden, Thomas and Yang.
With more than 100 film and television credits, Mr. Rubin has cast such features as “The English Patient,” “Men in Black,” “Hairspray,” “Lars and the Real Girl,” “The Talented Mr. Ripley,” “Four Weddings and a Funeral,” “Get Shorty,” “My Best Friend’s Wedding,” “William Shakespeare’s Romeo + Juliet,” “Spaceballs,” “Fried Green Tomatoes” and “The Firm.”
Academy board members may serve up to two three-year terms, followed by at least a two-year hiatus, after which they may serve up to two additional three-year terms. Officers serve one-year terms, with a maximum of four consecutive years in any one office.
For a full listing of the Academy’s 2020-2021 Board of Governors, click here.
About The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is a global community of more than 9,000 of the most accomplished artists, filmmakers and executives working in film. In addition to celebrating and recognizing excellence in filmmaking through the Oscars, the Academy supports a wide range of initiatives to promote the art and science of the movies, including public programming, educational outreach and the upcoming Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, which is under construction in Los Angeles.
Post based on press release from AMPAS to Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Community Holds ‘Unity Against Hate’ Rally in Oakland
- Giant Palestine Israel Protest In San Francisco Mission District
- Oakland Councilmember Dan Kalb Asks For City And Oakland Athletics To Keep Ballpark Talks Quiet
- Rombauer Upsets Medina Sprit Comes From Behind To Win The Preakness Stakes – Race Real Time Reaction
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Pushes Coliseum Ballpark With Flooding Future
- Let’s Meet. For Real. Meet In Oakland (full video)
- Base Camp 2021 Kick Off Hype Video
- 2021 Honda CR-V EX 2WD Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 4553
- Oakland Police Investigate After Elderly Man Attacked
- POOLE PARTY! Jordan Splashes Home 38 Points in Warriors’ Win | May 14, 2021
- Warriors Talk: Jordan Poole on his 38-Point Night vs. Pelicans – May 14, 2021
- Taj Tashombe, Oakland A’s VP Of Gov Affairs Is NAACP 2021 Black Male Achievement Award Winner
- Tony Buzbee Did Approach Deshaun Watson Reps For $100K Settlement Contrary To Recent Claims
- Oakland Fire Department Sends 3,000 Baby Goats Out As News To Distract From Oakland A’s Relocation
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Accused Of Fraud By Local Atlanta TV Station WSB-TV
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- Pyro’s Pastrami Jack London Square Is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2