Tuesday’s program kicks off with the a united call to action from the future of the Democratic Party
MILWAUKEE—Reimagined for a convention that will look and feel different than anything ever before, tonight’s Keynote Address at the 2020 Democratic National Convention wove together powerful and diverse voices from the next generation of party leaders into a unified pledge to step up and lead in this critical moment for the nation.
Tonight’s address featured not one, but seventeen of the Democratic Party’s rising stars from all across the country—ranging from state representatives, to mayors, to a Navajo Nation President, to Members of Congress. These young elected leaders offered a diversity of different ideas and perspectives on how to move America forward, but they also spoke to the future our party is building together—a future with Joe Biden at the helm.
For the full transcript of the keynote, click here.
- Stacey Abrams; Former Georgia State House Minority Leader, Former Georgia gubernatorial candidate, voting rights activist (Atlanta, GA)
- State Senator Raumesh Akbari; Tennessee (Memphis, TN)
- Congressman Colin Allred; TX-32 (Washington D.C.)
- Congressman Brendan Boyle; PA-2 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- State Senator Yvanna Cancela; Nevada (Las Vegas, NV)
- Former State Rep. Kathleen Clyde; County Commissioner, Portage County, OH (Kent, OH)
- Commissioner of Agriculture Nikki Fried; Florida Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services (Tallahassee, FL)
- Mayor Robert Garcia; (Long Beach, CA)
- State Rep. Malcolm Kenyatta; Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA)
- State Senator Marlon Kimpson; South Carolina (Charleston, SC)
- Congressman Conor Lamb; PA-17 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- State Rep. Mari Manoogian; Michigan (Birmingham, MI)
- State Rep. Victoria Neave; Texas (Dallas, TX)
- President Jonathan Nez; Navajo Nation President (Widow Rock, AZ)
- State Rep. Sam Park; Georgia (Lawrenceville, GA)
- State Rep. Denny Ruprecht; New Hampshire (Landaff, NH)
- Mayor Randall Woodfin; (Birmingham, AL)
Post based on press release from DNC 2020 Press to Zennie62Media