The Buffy Wicks For Assembly campaign sent this statement Monday morning. As of now, the former Obama Campaign Aide is the lead vote-getter in the California Assembly District 15 Race, and is awaiting the outcome of vote counts beween challengers Richmond Councilmember Jovanka Beckles and Oakland District 1 Councilmember, Dan Kalb. Beckles leads Kalb by 284 votes for the second position behind Wicks in the top-two race. Here’s the Buffy Wicks statement:
Buffy Wicks placed a strong first in a field of eleven candidates vying to advance to the general election in Assembly District 15, winning more than twice as many votes as the next highest vote getters. Her victory was decisive, with wide margins in both Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
Buffy Wicks, a grassroots organizer for more than 20 years, ran an extraordinary organizing campaign. The campaign began a house party program last July, and by Election Day had hosted 161 house parties in living rooms across the district. Through these house parties, Buffy heard directly from thousands of neighbors in Hercules, San Pablo, Richmond, El Cerrito, Kensington, Albany, all corners of Berkeley, North Oakland, Temescal, Rockridge, Montclair and Piedmont about the issues that matter the most to them.
Wicks’ campaign house parties inspired over 500 active campaign volunteers who knocked on over 35,000 doors, texted over 60,000 voters and placed thousands of phone calls in the weeks leading up Election Day.
Buffy Wicks won this election because of the sheer power of community organizing.
Voters agreed with Buffy’s priorities of addressing the housing shortage and homelessness crisis head-on, advancing creative regional transportation and transit challenges, increased funding public schools, supporting universal pre-k and affordable childcare, and preventing gun violence.
“I am so grateful to everyone who showed their support for our vision tonight. We proved that grassroots organizing wins elections. Together we can create more affordable housing, find solutions to our homelessness crisis, fund our schools and create a better future for all of our East Bay’s families,” said Wicks.
In addition to her grassroots organizing, Wicks garnered an impressive list of endorsements from local, state and national leaders. From local endorsers like former Congressmembers George Miller and Ellen Tauscher, Richmond Mayor Tom Butt, BART Director Lateefah Simon, Piedmont Vice Mayor Teddy King, Supervisor Nate Miley and Hercules Mayor Myrna de Vera to her future colleagues in the state legislature like Senator Scott Wiener and Assemblymembers Bill Quirk, David Chiu and Wendy Carrillo to statewide and national leaders like U.S. Senator Kamala Harris, Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom, Secretary of State Alex Padilla, Former Democratic Party Chair Howard Dean and violence prevention advocate Gabby Giffords, Wicks gained enthusiastic support because of her ability to bring people together to tackle our biggest issues.
The Buffy Wicks campaign will bring this same commitment to grassroots organizing into the general election campaign and they look forward to talking to tens of thousands more voters in the months ahead.
As a Zennie62Media note, the posting of this press release is not to support any campaign effort, or to imply that Zennie62Media agrees with the message of the release – and it should not be considered as such an action. It’s news, and is posted to report the news of the day related to the subject.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Kevin Durant Saves The Brooklyn Nets Season In Game Five Against The Bucks, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Homeless Encampment Believed To Be Cause Of Fire In Irwindale CA By Joseph Armendariz
- Derek Carr Is A Good Example Of What Being A Raider Means – By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders: Josh Jacob’s Derek Carr Mini Camp Press Conference My Take Joseph Armendariz
- Charles Barkley Says He Not Having Fun Anymore Because Of Cancel Culture -By Eric Pangilinan
- Charles Barkley Says He Not Having Fun Anymore
- What Will Be The Raiders Keys To Having A Winning Season: By Eric pangilinan
- Howard Terminal Ballpark Oakland A’s Presentation To Alameda County With City of Oakland
- Charles Barkley Slams Cancel cultre !!by Eric pangilinan
- Will Derek Carr Get A Contract Extention From The Raiders?by Eric pangilinan
- Philippines Fight Vs China Over West Philippines Sea by Eric pangilinan
- Dave Kaval Oakland A’s President Howard Terminal Presentation Slides For Alameda County Meeting
- Gavin Newsom Celebrates California Reopening Day – Visit The Alley, Oakland On Grand Ave
- An Uptown Oakland Axe-Wielding Black Man With Mental Issues Life Was Saved By Not Calling OPD
- Katherine Tai United States Trade Representative Ambassador On-the-Record Press Call
- The Oakland Athletics Howard Terminal Ballpark Spreadsheet Vlog Part 1
- Oakland East Bay Black Professionals Association Juneteenth Jubilee Saturday June 19th
- Las Vegas Raiders Henry Ruggs 11 says He Is Ready To Make A Statement by Eric Pangilinan
- Lebron James Says Get Him Some Damian Lillard To LA Lakers Tampering By Eric Pangilinan
- Ray Bobbitt And Robert Bobb Of AASEG Talks WNBA At Oakland Arena Progress