The Buffy Wicks For Assembly campaign sent this statement Monday morning. As of now, the former Obama Campaign Aide is the lead vote-getter in the California Assembly District 15 Race, and is awaiting the outcome of vote counts beween challengers Richmond Councilmember Jovanka Beckles and Oakland District 1 Councilmember, Dan Kalb. Beckles leads Kalb by 284 votes for the second position behind Wicks in the top-two race. Here’s the Buffy Wicks statement:
Buffy Wicks placed a strong first in a field of eleven candidates vying to advance to the general election in Assembly District 15, winning more than twice as many votes as the next highest vote getters. Her victory was decisive, with wide margins in both Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
Buffy Wicks, a grassroots organizer for more than 20 years, ran an extraordinary organizing campaign. The campaign began a house party program last July, and by Election Day had hosted 161 house parties in living rooms across the district. Through these house parties, Buffy heard directly from thousands of neighbors in Hercules, San Pablo, Richmond, El Cerrito, Kensington, Albany, all corners of Berkeley, North Oakland, Temescal, Rockridge, Montclair and Piedmont about the issues that matter the most to them.
Wicks’ campaign house parties inspired over 500 active campaign volunteers who knocked on over 35,000 doors, texted over 60,000 voters and placed thousands of phone calls in the weeks leading up Election Day.
Buffy Wicks won this election because of the sheer power of community organizing.
Voters agreed with Buffy’s priorities of addressing the housing shortage and homelessness crisis head-on, advancing creative regional transportation and transit challenges, increased funding public schools, supporting universal pre-k and affordable childcare, and preventing gun violence.
“I am so grateful to everyone who showed their support for our vision tonight. We proved that grassroots organizing wins elections. Together we can create more affordable housing, find solutions to our homelessness crisis, fund our schools and create a better future for all of our East Bay’s families,” said Wicks.
In addition to her grassroots organizing, Wicks garnered an impressive list of endorsements from local, state and national leaders. From local endorsers like former Congressmembers George Miller and Ellen Tauscher, Richmond Mayor Tom Butt, BART Director Lateefah Simon, Piedmont Vice Mayor Teddy King, Supervisor Nate Miley and Hercules Mayor Myrna de Vera to her future colleagues in the state legislature like Senator Scott Wiener and Assemblymembers Bill Quirk, David Chiu and Wendy Carrillo to statewide and national leaders like U.S. Senator Kamala Harris, Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom, Secretary of State Alex Padilla, Former Democratic Party Chair Howard Dean and violence prevention advocate Gabby Giffords, Wicks gained enthusiastic support because of her ability to bring people together to tackle our biggest issues.
The Buffy Wicks campaign will bring this same commitment to grassroots organizing into the general election campaign and they look forward to talking to tens of thousands more voters in the months ahead.
As a Zennie62Media note, the posting of this press release is not to support any campaign effort, or to imply that Zennie62Media agrees with the message of the release – and it should not be considered as such an action. It’s news, and is posted to report the news of the day related to the subject.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Timeline of disappearance of Gabby Petito September 19, 2021
- Saints Loss To Panthers Because Coaches Weren’t Prepared, Left Jameis Winston With Bad Game Plan September 19, 2021
- Oakland, CA – Random BAY AREA ROAD TRIP VLOG w Best Fren Lolo! – IamLindaElaine September 19, 2021
- Body Found In Gabby Petito Search Effort In Wyoming – Update September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Upset Win vs Pittsburgh Steelers 26 – 17, Derek Carr On 7,000 Yd Pace For 2021 September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders QB Derek Carr Last Two Games Has 817 Total Passing Yards By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Raiders Live: Postgame Pressers – 9.19.21 | Week 2 | Las Vegas Raiders September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders 2-0 Henry Ruggs III Stepped It Up In Week Two By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Golden Bears earn first win of season in 42-30 victory over Hornets September 19, 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | September 19, 2021. 10am September 19, 2021
- LIVE: Saints-Panthers Postgame Show Week 2 | 2021 NFL September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Alex Leatherwood Out For 2nd Half With Injury By Joseph Armendariz September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Offensive Line Struggles In First Half At Steelers By Joseph Armendariz September 19, 2021
- Saints At Panthers – Will Jameis Winston Run Sean Payton’s Mike Martz Passing Approach? September 19, 2021
- Raiders vs Steelers Game Betting Prediction – Take Pittsburgh Give Points To Las Vegas September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts 8th Grade Promotion 2021 September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts Class 2021 Graduation September 19, 2021
- Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time – Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes – Oakland – September 12th, 2021 September 19, 2021
- Best Nursing Schools in Oakland, California, United States September 19, 2021
- #1 Alabama vs #11 Florida: Extended Highlights | CBS Sports HQ September 19, 2021
- Nick Saban talks Alabama’s win vs. Florida | ESPN College Football September 19, 2021
- UCLA vs. Fresno State Postgame Press Conference After Upset Loss To Fresno State September 19, 2021
- Fresno State stuns No. 13 UCLA after an unforgettable fourth quarter September 19, 2021
- Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member on “Democracy and Defending our Civil Rights” September 19, 2021
- Berkeley’s Homeless Crisis with Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member September 19, 2021