OUSD and Oakland Education Association Issue Joint Statement Announcing that OEA Members Have Voted to Ratify the Agreement on Distance Learning
Oakland – On Sunday evening, August 23, 2020, Oakland Unified School District and the Oakland Education Association (OEA) are releasing the joint statement below announcing that the members of OEA voted to ratify the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) regarding distance learning. Included in this communication are the statement, this link to an online version of it, and this link to the MOU.
August 23, 2020
Dear Staff, Parents, Students, Partners and School Community:
Congratulations on completing the first couple of weeks of school during this most unique, challenging and unprecedented time. We are pleased to announce that the Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) and Oakland Education Association (OEA) have reached an Agreement that prioritizes health and safety as well as a rigorous learning experience despite the unprecedented challenges we are facing during the COVID-19 pandemic. The agreement has now been ratified by OEA members and will be implemented starting Monday, August 24, 2020.
As you know, Oakland Unified launched the school year in distance learning. OUSD and OEA were in negotiations about the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and Governor Gavin Newsom’s planned response to it in support of more than 2,000 teachers, nurses, counselors and other OEA members that support our students.
While we do not always agree on the details, both OEA and OUSD are passionate about serving Oakland’s students and families. After working diligently to reach an agreement to shape distance learning for all students and OEA members, we are prepared to improve distance learning in order to provide the quality instruction that Oakland’s students need and deserve.
About the Oakland Unified School District
In California’s most diverse city, Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) is dedicated to creating a learning environment where “Every Student Thrives!” More than half of our students speak a non-English language at home. And each of our 81 schools is staffed with talented individuals uniting around a common set of values: Students First, Equity, Excellence, Integrity, Cultural Responsiveness and Joy. We are committed to preparing all students for college, career and community success.
To learn more about OUSD’s Full Service Community District focused on academic achievement while serving the whole child in safe schools, please visit OUSD.org and follow us @OUSDnews.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Nba Time For The 76ers To Trade Ben Simmons- By Eric Pangilinan
- Maria Ayerdi Kaplan: Salesforce Transit Center Should Have Her Statue In Front Of It, Marc Beinoff
- Dave Kaval Headed Back To Las Vegas, After The Howard Terminal City Of Oakland Alameda County Fiasco
- What Atlanta 1 Step From NBA Finals 1 Year After Donald Trump, Rayshard Brooks, The Pandemic, Means
- Atlanta Hawks Shock Philadelphia 76ers 103 – 96 – Off To 2021 Eastern Conference Finals
- Louis Riddick Says Raiders Issue Always Been Defense Not Derek Carr – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Errol Spence Jr Belives He Is The big Dog- By Eric Pangilinan
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By – Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines Orders Biggest Doese Of Covid Vaccine
- Nba Western Conference Finals Devin Booker Shines By- Eric Pangilinan
- Deep Dish Pizza – Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria Classic Style At Uptown Plaza, Phoenix, 100 E Camelback Rd
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By- Eric Pangilinan
- 2021 Juneteenth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merritt Shows Some Black Kids Don’t Value Black Life – Our Fault
- Juneteenth Lake Merritt Shooting: Oakland City Council’s Nikki Fortunado Bas, Carroll Fife Statement
- Kumasi Aaron Of ABC 7 At Juneteenth Jubilee Oakland, Produced By Oakland City Council’s Loren Taylor
- Juneteenth Walk Down Broadway In Oakland Brings Back Memories For Instagram Poster
- 1 dead, others injured after shots fired at Lake Merritt
- Brooklyn Loses NBA Playoffs Game 7 To Milwalkee 115 – 111 Kevin Durant Reverts To Warriors Time
- NBA Super Teams Dont Win Right Away By- Eric Pangilinan
- Kevin Durant Is God Reaction – Hits Tie Shot To Send Game 7 Vs Bucks To Overtime