ONN – 2021 NFL Draft: Why Las Vegas Raiders Should Trade Down And Stock Draft Picks, Focus On Free Agency – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
2021 NFL Draft: Why Las Vegas Raiders Should Trade Down And Stock Draft Picks, Focus On Free Agency
The once Oakland Raiders, now Las Vegas Raiders, have a giant problem. As General Manager Mike Mayock said, they are not able to evaluate players in the normal way, and because of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Thus, a number of events that happened in 2020, did not happen this year, and that hampers the ability of the Las Vegas Raiders to get a feel for who they are going to draft in the 2021 NFL Draft.
Last week, Mayock said “A year ago if you told me we would be back in COVID restrictions for the offseason, I don’t even know if I would’ve made it to today.” That’s because Mayock is less the computer analytical draftnik, and more the “what was said about the player” NFL draft guy. He’s old school. and so his talent will be severely tested this NFL Draft Season.
“If any of you guys have college-aged kids and you’re worried about their fit — what college fits for them coming out of high school — that’s kind of the same way I try to look at things: What’s the best fit? Do we fit this kid? Does he fit in our building? And if you don’t get face to face with him, it’s hard.”
Given that, and the other COVID matters, the best overall strategy is for the Las Vegas Raiders to trade down and stock-pile draft picks in the 2021 NFL Draft. The money to pay players is not going to be there because of COVID.
Some NFL cap numbers that were ran for Albert Breer over at Sports Illustrated show the damage the Raiders are expected to have to deal with, and what the situation looks like overall for the league. It’s not pretty:
1. Jaguars: $86.42
2. Jets: $78.96 million
3. Colts: $70.89 million
4. Patriots: $68.74 million
5. Washington: $56.77 million
6. Broncos: $45.48 million
7. Bengals: $42.55 million
8. Panthers: $31.25 million
9. 49ers: $28.02 million
10. Chargers: $25.60 million
11. Dolphins: $24.34 million
12. Browns: $22.85 million
13. Cowboys: $21.78 million
14. Ravens: $19.61 million
15. Texans: $18.18 million
16. Buccaneers: $15.06 million
17. Cardinals: $14.95 million
18. Lions: $13.60 million
19. Giants: $7.61 million
20. Titans: $6.33 million
21. Seahawks: $6.23 million
22. Steelers: $5.33 million
23. Bills: $3.59 million
24. Vikings: minus-$4.94 million
25. Raiders: minus-$7.01 million
26. Bears: minus-$7.45 million
27. Packers: minus-$9.66 million
28. Falcons: minus-$17.84 million
29. Chiefs: minus-$21.11 million
30. Rams: minus-$26.26 million
31. Eagles: minus-$29.73 million
32. Saints: minus-$46.22 million
It was estimated that the NFL would get $10 billion in national revenue in 2020. According to reports, that money level is about the same in 2021. If Breer is right, and the salary cap is $183 million, then the team percentage share of the national revenue is just 52 percent, and that means $162.5 million in national revenue per team. That comes out to a haircut of $22 million per team. My guess is that the cap figure may be a little high, and I’ll check with Breer on that, and look around.
But, as you can see, the money level has gone down. The Raiders expected to lose $571 million due to not seating fans in 2020. The sponsorship picture is less clear, even though casinos have been hardest hit.
As you can see, it is easy to get lost in the calculations, but the 40,000-foot level says the best moves involve signing players for less money. That means trading down.
This stream is created with #PRISMLiveStudio.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- 755 65th St Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Timothy Douglas, OEA Negotiator, On OEA-OUSD Oakland School Reopening Tentative Agreement Before Final
- Raiders Mark Davis Right, We’re Wrong About Derek Chauvin Verdict Tweet, Here’s Why
- Oakland Police Should March In Solidarity With Black Community Post Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: What Was Las Vegas Thinking With That Derek Chauvin Verdict Entry?
- President Biden and Vice President Harris Address the Nation on the Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Oakland Tech’s Ahmed Muhammad School’s 1st Black Male Valedictorian On Day Of Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Livestream Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School