2018 Oakland Mayoral And City Council Candidate Questionnaire is here!
This 20-question questionnaire was designed to give Oaklanders a chance to evaluate, at once, the plans and philosopies of all of the participants in the Oakland Mayoral Race and the Oakland City Council Race for District 2, District 4, and District 6.
Individual emails will be sent out to each candidate; the return deadline of the questionnaire October 10th.
When all of the documents are received, they will presented online in a format such that individual readers can score the response, but only once per visitor.
The results will be constantly updated, and communicated on a daily basis up to the final weekend before November Election Day 2018.
1. Candidate’s Full Name and current occupation
2. Why are you running for office in Oakland?
3. Have you held an elected position before? If so, please describe.
4. Have you ever served on a public board or commission? If so, please list assigments.
5. What endorsements have you received? If so, please list them.
Oakland Management Related Questions
6. What are your top six Oakland Budget priorities, and why?
7. There is a projected deficit for the City of Oakland through 2020. Residents want to close the budget gap via raising revenues. What would you do to raise more money for the City of Oakland?
8. How do you propose to solve the problem of the City of Oakland’s under-funded pension liability?
Oakland Police-Related Questions
9. Does Oakland need to hire more police officers or reduce the number we have – please explain your answer.
10. Do you support the work of the current Oakland Police Chief, or is a change needed? Please explain.
11. Unreported “use-of-force” incidents are a major Oakland Police problem. How do you propose to solve it?
12. The Oakland Police Department is in its 13th year of federal oversight. What’s your plan to get OPD away from federal government watch?
13. The Oakland Police Department disporportionately stops more people of color, than whites. What’s your plan to stop this problem?
Homelessness, Affordable Housing, Quality of Life In Oakland
14. What’s your plan to stop or curb homelessness in Oakland?
15. What’s your plan to cause more affordable housing to be built in Oakland?
16. What’s your plan to stop or curb illegal dumping in Oakland?
Economic Development In Oakland
17. Share with us your economic development plan and policy for Oakland.
18. What industry should Oakland focus on developing, and why?
The Coliseum and The Sports Industry in Oakland.
(A special section because Oakland has a multi-billion-dollar facility called The Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Complex.)
19. Where should the Oakland A’s new ballpark be: Coliseum or Howard Terminal?
20. What should the future of the Oakland Coliseum be, and do you have a plan to share with Oaklanders?
Zennie Abraham is the CEO of Zennie62Media