Oakland News Now – Jon Gruden’s Oakland Raiders best the Detroit Lions 16 to 10, and gave the coach called Chucky his first win in returning to NFL Football as Head Coach of the Silver and Black.
The highlights were many:
1) A multiple offense that moved the quarterback pocket.
2) A bruising running game that relied on blocking description. Marshawn Lynch ran around end for 70 yards and a touchdown that was called back for a questionable holding call on the rookie Kolton Miller. Chris Warren emerged as a star with over 80 yards rushing and 8 yards per carry.
3) A defensive line that crushes pass pockets and featured several young stars in the making, most notably P.J Hall.
The lowlights were few:
1) Nine penalties leading fans to observe that Gruden did bring back the old Raiders style in another way.
2) Connor Cook playing well when flushed out of the pocket, but not working within the design of a play. Twice, Cook ran bootlegs where he refused to throw to the tight end who was the primary receiver, wide-open in the flat, near him. By contrast, E.J. Manuel, made the third string quarterback, did not show that tendency.
But, in all, Jon Gruden brought the fun back to Oakland Raiders Football! And that was just the first game of preseason.
One issue I can see is the huddle. Hopefully Gruden has a no huddle package to speed up the offense. But overall the Raiders don’t get off the ball on offense as fast as the Baltimore Ravens of this year. They are the leaders in that area of playing fast, along with.the Cleveland Browns.
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental mobile media video-blogging system network that’s part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 onYouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is real-time on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Zennie Abraham is the CEO of Zennie62Media