The 2018 Oakland Mayoral And Oakland City Council Candidate Questionnaire was sent out to each person two days ago, and again on today, Sunday, October 7th. The new deadline to turn in answers in October 14th.
I’m also happy to announce that The Oakland Post has joined in as a distribution partner. The survey will be posted in the The Oakland Post as well.
The 20 questions comprise the most pressing issues Oakland faces as a city. Please tell any candidate you see to finish and email their responses to me at [email protected] Here are the questions…
1. Candidate’s Full Name and current occupation
2. Why are you running for office in Oakland?
3. Have you held an elected position before? If so, please describe.
4. Have you ever served on a public board or commission? If so, please list assigments.
5. What endorsements have you received? If so, please list them.
Oakland Management Related Questions
6. What are your top six Oakland Budget priorities, and why?
7. There is a projected deficit for the City of Oakland through 2020. Residents want to close the budget gap via raising revenues. What would you do to raise more money for the City of Oakland?
8. How do you propose to solve the problem of the City of Oakland’s under-funded pension liability?
Oakland Police-Related Questions
9. Does Oakland need to hire more police officers or reduce the number we have – please explain your answer.
10. Do you support the work of the current Oakland Police Chief, or is a change needed? Please explain.
11. Unreported “use-of-force” incidents are a major Oakland Police problem. How do you propose to solve it?
12. The Oakland Police Department is in its 13th year of federal oversight. What’s your plan to get OPD away from federal government watch?
13. The Oakland Police Department disporportionately stops more people of color, than whites. What’s your plan to stop this problem?
Homelessness, Affordable Housing, Quality of Life In Oakland
14. What’s your plan to stop or curb homelessness in Oakland?
15. What’s your plan to cause more affordable housing to be built in Oakland?
16. What’s your plan to stop or curb illegal dumping in Oakland?
Economic Development In Oakland
17. Share with us your economic development plan and policy for Oakland.
18. What industry should Oakland focus on developing, and why?
The Coliseum and The Sports Industry in Oakland.
(A special section because Oakland has a multi-billion-dollar facility called The Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Complex.)
19. Where should the Oakland A’s new ballpark be: Coliseum or Howard Terminal?
20. What should the future of the Oakland Coliseum be, and do you have a plan to share with Oaklanders?
Make sure you ask candidates to fill out and submit their survey answers!
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental mobile media video-blogging system network that’s part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 onYouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is real-time on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.