GBI Investigates Officer Involved Shooting in Fayette County, Georgia. It involved Rodriguez Kemp of Stone Mountain, GA, who attempted to open fire on a Fayetteville Police Officer and a Fayette County Sheriff’s Deputy.
Fayetteville, GA – (press release) On Friday, December 21, 2018, at approximately 10:00 p.m., the GBI was requested by the Fayetteville Police Department and the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office to investigate an officer involved shooting that occurred near the intersection of Banks Road and GA Highway 85 in Fayetteville, GA.
Preliminary information indicates that around 9:15 p.m., a Meriwether County Sheriff’s Office deputy was located on GA Highway 85 South and attempted to perform a traffic stop on a vehicle driven by a male subject, identified as Rodriguez Kemp, 36, of Stone Mountain, GA. Upon the deputy activating his blue lights and siren, Kemp fled, and a vehicle pursuit ensued. At some point during the pursuit, Kemp turned around and began fleeing northbound on GA Highway 85 into Coweta County. Senoia Police Department and Coweta County Sheriff’s Office also began to pursue Kemp. The pursuit continued into Fayette County where the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office and Fayetteville Police Department took the lead. A Fayetteville Police Department officer deployed “stop-sticks” in an attempt to stop or slow the vehicle. The tires on Kemp’s vehicle were punctured, but Kemp continued to flee from officers. Nearing the intersection of Banks Road and GA Highway 85, a Fayette County Sheriff’s Deputy performed a PIT maneuver on Kemp’s vehicle. This maneuver was successful in stopping Kemp’s vehicle. Officers from the Fayetteville Police Department and Fayette County Sheriff’s Office approached the vehicle to arrest Kemp. At this time, Kemp, armed with a shotgun, began to fire upon the officers approaching his vehicle. After being fired upon, officers returned fire, striking Kemp numerous times. Officers began to render aid to Kemp and called for EMS to respond to the scene. EMS responded and subsequently transported Kemp to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta where he is listed in critical condition.
No officers were injured during this incident.
The GBI will conduct its independent investigation. Once complete, it will be turned over to the Griffin Judicial Circuit District Attorney’s Office for review.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Talking Trash About Canelo Alverez Will Alverez Respond,By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland-Based Blue Shield of California: $500,000 to Increase Diversity in Mental Health Workforce
- On Robert RFDilla07, The Las Vegas Raiders, Oakland A’s My Vlog, And Economic Development Reality
- New York Yankees Trade For OF Joey Gallo From The Texas Rangers
- Miami Marlins Trade OF Starling Marte To Oakland For RHP Jesus Luzardo! HUGE TRADE!
- 6118 Ocean View Dr Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Oakland Athletics vs San Diego Padres Highlights July 28, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Training Camp Press Conference ,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Opening Day For Training Camp Derek Carr Looks Very Sharp,By Eric Pangilinan
- Zennie Abraham’s Vlog Response To Oakland Councilmember Loren Taylor’s Institutionally Racist Text
- Zennie Abraham’s Live Vlog Response To Oakland Councilmember Loren Taylor’s Institutionally Racist Text To Him
- Jameis Winston Saints QB – Stop The Racist Comments About The Lethal Passer
- FILIPINO GROCERY STORE SA AMERIKA | BUHAY AMERIKA | Oakland Zoo | Pinoy Abroad OFW
- EAST OAKLAND CALIFORNIA / 65TH VILLAGE HOOD (PART 2)
- The Strong Mayor Government Has Ruined Oakland, Allows Mob Rule – City Manager Form Better Part 2
- The Strong Mayor Government Has Ruined Oakland, Allows Mob Rule – City Manager Form Better
- Simone Biles Withdraws From Tokyo Olympics Games Final All-Around Competition For Mental Health
- Simone Biles Withdrew From Tokyo Olympics Team Finals, Clay Travis Racism Blinds Him To Facts
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Vs Vitor Belfort Will Be A Real Boxing Match,By Eric Pangilinan
- Howard Terminal Ballpark Update: Oakland A’s Dave Kaval On Vacation, Las Vegas Still Option