“Upcoming Holiday Closures at the City of Oakland – Public Safety Not Affected” a press release to Zennie Abraham’s Zennie62Media.
Oakland, CA – The City of Oakland will be closed on Wednesday, December 25, in observance of Christmas Day and Wednesday, January 1, 2020, in observance of New Year’s Day.
Police, fire and emergency services are not affected during the holidays.
Specific Service Impacts for December 25 and January 1:
Both December 25 and January 1 are parking holidays during which motorists do not need to pay for parking at City meters.
No street sweeping will occur.
Serious emergencies—such as sewer overflows, traffic signal outages, objects completely blocking the street to vehicle traffic and major flooding conditions—will be responded to.
Oakland Public Library
All library locations will be closed Tuesday, December 24, Wednesday, December 25, and Wednesday, January 1.
Tuesday, December 31 all branch locations have reduced hours, closing at 5:30pm.
Oakland Animal Shelter
The Animal Shelter will be closed Tuesday, December 24; Wednesday, December 25, Tuesday, December 31, and Wednesday January 1.
People who find stray animals and cannot hold them when the shelter is closed should call (510) 777-3333; OPD non-emergency dispatch will then contact the Animal Control Officer on call to handle. Other animal related emergencies can be reported the same way.
Emergency medical calls for active bites to humans can be reported through 911.
Oakland Parks, Recreation & Youth Development
Visitors will have access to parks, however gates and restrooms will be closed, and staff will not be on site.
Facilities will be closed on Wednesday, December 25 and Wednesday, January 1. All, facilities will have reduced hours on Tuesday, December 24; Thursday, December 26; Tuesday, December 31; and Thursday, January 2.
Winter Break Camp schedules
Call your local recreation site to confirm schedules. For phone numbers, visit our website
All Senior Centers will be closed on Wednesday, December 25 and Wednesday, January 1.
Head Start/Early Head Start Programs
All Head Start and Early Head Start program sites will be closed on Monday, December 23 – Friday, December 27, and Wednesday, January 1.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Olympics Baseball One time MLB vets lift Dominican Republic over Mexico
- Olympics Baseball One time MLB vets lift Dominican Republic over Mexico 1 0
- Great Britain W vs Australia W live – Olympic Games Women Soccer live – Great Britain W x Australia
- U S Women’s Soccer Team Trudges Into Tokyo Olympics Knockout Round
- How Black Organizers Got Police Out of Oakland Schools
- VWS Zoom Chat🐦Dr.Alex Herman Of The Oakland Zoo On Treating Lead-Poisoned Condors 2021-07-29
- Oakland Fruitvale Ambassadors continue to educate community about vaccine
- Bike Oakland: the old commute route, Foothill from 55th Ave to 20th & Broadway and back
- USA’s Rai Benjamin cruises to 400m hurdles first-round heat victory | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- Tokyo Olympics 2020: PV Sindhu Storms Into Semi-Finals; Assures Medal In Olympics | Breaking News
- CES 2022 Consumer Technology Association New NFT And Digital Assets Program
- Jameis Winston THROWING BOMBS at New Orleans Saints Practice
- East Oakland Video Shows Worst Neighborhoods
- COVID-19 Rates Back To February 2021 Levels Due To Unvaccinated Umasked Americans
- Barbara Boxer Assault Update: Car Spotted In Downtown Oakland Police Tracked To San Francisco
- Oakland Gang Wars – The Story Of Craig Williams ( The Fall Of Case Gang Indictment )
- Cathy Hughes School of Communications Naming Ceremony
- Las Vegas Raiders: As I First Reported 3 RB’s Are Out 2 RB’s Added To Roster By Joseph Armendariz
- US Testing its New Gigantic $13 Billion Aircraft Carrier
- Las Vegas Raiders Sign Two New Running Backs To Replace Jalen Richard And Riddick By Eric Pangilinan