Roots Captain Nana Attakora Retires from Playing to Join Roots Coaching Staff
From YouTube Channel: November 18, 2020 at 12:20AM
ONN – Oakland Roots Soccer Captain Nana Attakora Retires from Playing To Join Roots Coaching Staff
Oakland Roots Soccer reports:
After a more than decade long professional career that spans all levels of US and Canadian soccer, including MLS, NASL, USL and NISA, Roots Captain Nana Attakora has decided to hang up his playing cleats. The center back from Toronto, Canada has been a staple of professional soccer in USSF and has been a beacon of professionalism and leadership throughout his career.
“Today is obviously an emotional day for me, but also a day in which my head is held high thinking back at all I was able to accomplish in the game,” Said Roots new coach Nana Attakora on his playing retirement. “I want to thank everyone who has played a role in my journey and development throughout the years. I’ve enjoyed everything about it, the ups and downs, the success, and failures, the pain and struggles, the wonderful people and relationships I have been able to make. I’m ready to begin my new chapter and after much thought I feel confident that this is the right time.”
Attakora made his professional debut for his hometown club Toronto FC in 2008 at the age of 19. While with Toronto, Attakora would go on to win the Canadian Championship on three occasions and picked up the Candian U-20 Player of the Year award on two occasions.
In 2011, Attakora would make his first of many moves to the Bay Area playing for the San Jose Earthquakes before heading to Finland in 2012 and returning to San Jose again in 2013. In 2014 Attakora finished up the MLS portion of his career with D.C. United.
Since 2014, Attakora has featured in NASL, USL and with Roots in NISA. Attakora would return to the Bay once again to Captain the one year San Francisco Deltas to the NASL Championship in 2017. Attakora rounded out his national team experience in the end with 10 Caps for Canada.
Attakora joined the Roots in 2020 and captained the team to the NISA Fall Championship Final. He will join the Roots staff as an Assistant Coach and Director of Player Personnel ahead of the 2021 USL Championship Season.
“I want to thank the Roots organization for this wonderful opportunity. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of people and club to be a part of going forward,” said Attakora. “Since day one, I knew that this was going to be a place that I would want to be long term. Everything that the Roots are doing is what I want to be a part of and represent. Their values line up with mine and it’s a club I’ve become a true fan of, so I’m willing to do anything I can do to help this organization reach its maximum potential. The Oakland community has become a second home and I look forward to many years here with Roots.”
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders: Training Camp Press Conference Reaction By Joseph Armendariz
- FNC Reports: Former Dem Sen Barbara Boxer “Assaulted” In Dem-Run Oakland Amid Nationwide Crime Spike
- Oakland Aerial City Tour and Historical Sites (4k Drone Video)
- Boxing Anthony Joshua Says He Would Fight Tyson Fury,By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Live: Coach Gruden Presser – 7.27.21
- Las Vegas Raiders Henry Ruggs 111 Gets A High Ranking On Madden 2022,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders : 2021 Season Training Camp Preview By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders Davante Adams Still Could Join The Raiders Just Not This Year,By Eric Pangilinan
- MC Hammer Was The Oakland A’s Vice President, Youngest Baseball Executive, Ever
- Home For Sale 469 Capital St Oakland, CA 94610
- Lake Merritt Boat Adventure! Oakland, CA.
- The Oakland Roots Continue to Struggle, and Get Shutout to the LA Galaxy II
- For Tokyo Olympics Panasonic Teams With Michael Phelps, Katie Ledecky, Others
- Sheng Thao District 4 Councilmember Champions Public Safety Investments for Oakland
- Naomi Osaka Upset By Marketa Vondrousova Tokyo Olympics Women’s Singles 3rd Round
- Governor Newsom Highlights New State Efforts to Encourage More Californians to Get Vaccinated
- California Will Require Vaccinations Or Covid Tests For State Employees And Health Care Workers
- RUGBY 7s TOKYO OLYMPICS Live Reaction (Not Showing Game) DAY 1
- Jade Carey powers her way into the women’s floor final | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- USA vs. Ireland | Tokyo Olympics 2020: Men’s Rugby Highlights | NBC Sports