Steve Lowe, the developer of Old Oakland in Downtown Oakland, wrote this response to Oakland News Now creator and Zennie62Media Founder and CEO Zennie Abraham’s post on what Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf should do to get the County of Alameda to give it’s host city a necessary level of funding to cope with the homeless issue.
The Homeless = Housing Crisis is a regional issue, and oddly enough, the regional agencies have the resources to deal with it via some sort of SF Prop C measure applicable to the 101 cities in the ABAG area!
While Libby or someone on Council or in the City Administrator’s office can maybe be successful in getting more from the County to help supplement various Oakland-based programs meant to deal with homelessness, it won’t be half enough to solve the problem – or, even more importantly, spin off the regional economic forum to deal with the root causes of all this dysfunctionality.
Zennie, I know you are a great proponent of innovative governance for Oakland, but I think at this stage of Bay Area maturation, we can be far more effective in dealing with the Homeless = Housing Crisis affecting all of us everywhere throughout the region by tapping into the same kind of holistic energy that has made the Bay Area “the Strongest Regional Economy in the World.”
Why else would Marc Benioff, someone you know, come to the conclusion that this Crisis is bad for business and therefore his support for a smarter tax on the wealthiest folks in San Francisco?
We now need your amazingly recognizable and incredibly effective pal to come to the point of understanding that it ain’t SF versus the rest of the Bay Area, and that taking care of just San Franciscans ain’t the solution: instead, it’s the greater city-state we all live in, something that needs smarter and more useful adjustments here and there before we can really begin to hone in on the actual causes and their real-time solutions.
And those long-term solutions can happen almost at once with the right proponents, whereas becoming involved with a County versus Oakland power struggle may take way more time, effort and legal posturing than it’s worth?
That’s what a whole lot of us believe that Libby should best be spending her political persuasiveness on.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- US Testing its New Gigantic $13 Billion Aircraft Carrier
- Las Vegas Raiders Sign Two New Running Backs To Replace Jalen Richard And Riddick By Eric Pangilinan
- Fiji Vs Brazil Highlights | Rugby 7s Women | Olympics 2021 Highlights
- USA women’s rugby sinks Japan, punches quarterfinal ticket | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- Japan Vs China Highlights | Rugby 7s Women | Olympics 2021 Highlights
- Moses Moody Warriors 2021 NBA 1st Round Draft Pick From Univ Of Arkansas
- Sonoma Valley Authors Festival 4th Annual Announces World-Class Lineup of Authors
- Boxing Anthony Joshua Says He Would Knock Out Tyson Fury Will Fury Respond?By Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte Says If U Are Not Vaccinated Stay Home,By Eric Pangilinan
- LA Lakers Trade For Russell Westbrook, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Oakland Gang Wars – Santa Rita Breakdown Part 3 ( Protective Custody , The Hole , 5150 )
- Dave Casper Finds His Hall of Fame Plaque While Touring Allegiant Stadium | Las Vegas Raiders
- Sunisa Lee wins gold and becomes Team USA’s new gymnastics star
- Las Vegas Raiders Covid Hit Raiders In The Face Three Running Backs Out,By Eric Pangilinan
- Norteno Gang Violence – Killing Over Colors
- Raiders Live: Olson, Good, Ferrell and Abram Presser – 7.29.21
- Las Vegas Raiders: Did Greg Olson Just Reveal 3 Players Are Out Due To Virus? By Joseph Armendariz
- What Does Starling Marte Does Do For The Oakland Athletics?
- OFFICIAL 2021 NBA Mock Draft: Draft Day Edition
- NBA Draft Preview: Golden State Warriors | The Morning After