Oakland Economic Recovery Council 1st Meeting Monday, May 18, 2020
The City of Oakland reports:
The Mayor and the Vice Mayor/Chair of the City Council Community and Economic Development Committee are inviting Oakland community and business leaders to participate in an Oakland Economic Recovery Council.
The Advisory Council is co-chaired by Mayor Schaaf and Vice Mayor Reid, in partnership with Jose Corona, Eat. Learn. Play Foundation; Michael McAfee, PolicyLink; and Barbara Leslie, Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce. James Head, East Bay Community Foundation will facilitate with Micah Weinberg, California Forward as co-facilitator. Research support will be provided by Mills College Center for Transformative Action and the Bay Area Council Economic Institute.
The Advisory Council consists of representatives from business, non-profit, and intergovernmental partners representing key sectors, along with staff from City departments and will be structured in working groups.
The purpose of the Advisory Council is to recommend specific local policy and strategies to facilitate economic recovery from the COVID-19 crisis, starting with urgent, short term business and worker needs to re-open and re-hire and then informing longer term goals for a resilient and equitable economy. The City’s economic recovery efforts will center on people first, investing in community infrastructure and rebuilding a resilient and equitable economy in accordance with its Core Mission and Economic Recovery Principles.
ReOpening Guide signs by the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce (PDF), in partnership with Oaklandish and the Economic Recovery Advisory Council, 11″ x 17″ signs for download. Pick up hard copies from any Oakland Chamber, Business Improvement District or CIty Council office. ENGLISH | CHINESE | SPANISH | VIETNAMESE
The work of the Advisory Council is grounded in the guiding principle that equity is the best economic model and the mission will be twofold:
The Advisory Council will advise on short-term recommendations to local policymakers to help Oakland’s businesses and nonprofits re-open quickly and safely and connect Oaklanders with good jobs. This work will be informed by State and County regulations and phasing recommendations to ensure the public’s health and safety.
The Advisory Council will simultaneously explore solutions for how Oakland can rebuild its economy using equity as the centerpiece. This work will intentionally lead with race and other known biases to identify actions that both local policymakers and private sector partners can take to ensure Oakland’s economic recovery is just and equitable.
The full Oakland Economic Recovery Advisory Council page is here.
This is the first in the series of videos. Each one matches the meeting date noted in the title for that video.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Aviation Museum in Oakland California. A complete walkthrough in 4k.
- Oakland International Airport Eyes Expansion As Travel Begins Returns To Pre-Pandemic Levels
- LAX and OAK Walking Tour | Oakland Airport & Los Angeles Airport
- Alice Kim’s Entertaining Vlog On Oakland, Travel, Eating In Our Town, And UC Berkeley
- Man Makes Dashcam Video Of Drive Home From Oakland Airport
- Jameis Winston Day 3 Post Practice Interview | B & G Breakdown
- Coach Gruden, Jacobs, Waller and Leatherwood Presser – 7.31.21 | Las Vegas Raiders
- Lenny Williams Interview + Tower of Power & Oakland Music History, Soul Beat TV Oakland, CA.
- Healthy Protein Smoothies Blended Jetpacks And Sixstar. Protena Saludable. Lake Merritt Oakland
- Keep Oakland Schools Segregated? Part 2 Webinar
- Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland Athletics Highlights July 30, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Hall Of Fame: Troy Polamalu Discussion Understanding His Desire To Attend By Joseph Armendariz
- NFL News: Former Steeler Troy Polamalu Test Positive He Wants To Attend HOF By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders: Mark Davis Sends Message To Raider Nation – Get The Vaccine By Joseph Armendariz
- Sunisa Lee Gold Medal In 2021 Olympics Celebrated By Oakland’s Sheng Thao Fellow Hmong American
- Boxing Manny Pacquaio Protege Marical Close To Winning Gold At The Olympics,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders LA Dodger Maxx Scherzer Is A Die Hard Raider Fan,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raider Scouting Team Keeping Eye On Top CB Prospect Kiir Elam, By Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines The US Is Sending Million Doses Of Moderna Vaccine To The Philippines,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raider Solomon Thomas Shows Support For Simone Biles,By Eric Pangilinan