PORT HURON, Mich. – U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Office of Field Operations at the Blue Water Bridge arrest Canadian citizen in possession of more than 280lbs of cocaine.
The seizure took place on October 21st, when members of the CBP Port Huron Anti-Terrorism and Contraband Enforcement Team were conducting routine outbound inspections on the Blue Water Bridge.
While conducting operations Officers selected a commercial truck shipment of berries destined to Canada for an enforcement exam. During the inspection and subsequent interview, approximately four boxes containing plastic wrapped packages of suspected narcotics where found. Officers conducted a field test on the substance, which tested positive for the properties of cocaine.
“This arrest demonstrates the continued effort by our officers, their dedication to our border security mission and the focus on the export of illicit narcotics” said Port Director Michael Fox.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Michigan has accepted prosecution for the case. The Canadian subject arrested has been turned over to Homeland Security Investigations and made his initial appearance in federal court earlier today. The St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office is also participating as part of the Border Enforcement Security Team. All defendants in criminal proceedings are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
What Is The U.S. Customs and Border Protection?
U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the management, control and protection of our nation’s borders at and between official ports of entry. CBP is charged with keeping terrorists and terrorist weapons out of the country while enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Disney Parks Brings Back Mask Mandate Due To Delta Variant Surge By Joseph Armendariz
- Piedmont Wealth Manager Arraigned in Fatal Oakland Hit-and-Run
- East Oakland Councilmembers Taylor And Reid Must Implement AB 464 Now To Help Small Business
- Las Vegas Raiders Maxx Crosby Motivating The Defense In Training Camp,By Eric Pangilinan
- Marc Canter Features Legendary Twitter Co-Founder Noah Glass In Hilarious Facebook Post
- Garrion Watson – Oakland Police Report Missing 12 Year Old Found By Family
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte Says If You Are Not Vaccinated Stay Home,By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland A’s Announcer Roy Steele Memories, Extended Edition
- Oakland A’s Announcer Roy Steele’s Memorial Live Stream
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Talking Trash About Canelo Alverez Will Alverez Respond,By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland-Based Blue Shield of California: $500,000 to Increase Diversity in Mental Health Workforce
- On Robert RFDilla07, The Las Vegas Raiders, Oakland A’s My Vlog, And Economic Development Reality
- New York Yankees Trade For OF Joey Gallo From The Texas Rangers – Vinny Lospinuso
- Miami Marlins Trade OF Starling Marte To Oakland For RHP Jesus Luzardo! HUGE TRADE!
- 6118 Ocean View Dr Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Oakland Athletics vs San Diego Padres Highlights July 28, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Training Camp Press Conference ,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Opening Day For Training Camp Derek Carr Looks Very Sharp,By Eric Pangilinan
- Zennie Abraham’s Vlog Response To Oakland Councilmember Loren Taylor’s Institutionally Racist Text
- Zennie Abraham’s Live Vlog Response To Oakland Councilmember Loren Taylor’s Institutionally Racist Text To Him