PORT HURON, Mich. – U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Office of Field Operations at the Blue Water Bridge arrest Canadian citizen in possession of more than 280lbs of cocaine.
The seizure took place on October 21st, when members of the CBP Port Huron Anti-Terrorism and Contraband Enforcement Team were conducting routine outbound inspections on the Blue Water Bridge.
While conducting operations Officers selected a commercial truck shipment of berries destined to Canada for an enforcement exam. During the inspection and subsequent interview, approximately four boxes containing plastic wrapped packages of suspected narcotics where found. Officers conducted a field test on the substance, which tested positive for the properties of cocaine.
“This arrest demonstrates the continued effort by our officers, their dedication to our border security mission and the focus on the export of illicit narcotics” said Port Director Michael Fox.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Michigan has accepted prosecution for the case. The Canadian subject arrested has been turned over to Homeland Security Investigations and made his initial appearance in federal court earlier today. The St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office is also participating as part of the Border Enforcement Security Team. All defendants in criminal proceedings are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
What Is The U.S. Customs and Border Protection?
U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the management, control and protection of our nation’s borders at and between official ports of entry. CBP is charged with keeping terrorists and terrorist weapons out of the country while enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Soul Beat TV Oakland Commercials Vol 4 Gingerbread House, McCoys BBQ, Foothill Sq, Ramm’s, Art’s Crab Shak
- Waheed & The Resistance live 1993 @ Soul Beat Day #OaklandHipHop
- Soulbeat’s Chuck Johnson On Growing Up In Oakland, Friend’s Accidental Death, And Being On Soulbeat
- Fat Joe ’93 on HipHopSlam TV – live broadcast on Soul Beat Oakland 9/18/93
- Philippines Big Monsoon Strikes The City Of Manila,By Eric Pangilinan
- Naomi Osaka Beats Zheng Saisai In Straight Sets At Tokyo Olympics – Top Favorite With Barty Upset
- Las Vegas Raiders: Could Raiders Future Be In Jeopardy By Forfeiting Games? By Joseph Armendariz .
- Visit Oakland Fun FAM (February 2020)
- Anniversary Celebration
- Sara Sorribes Tormo Upsets Ashleigh Barty Wimbledon Champ At 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- MLB Toronto Blue Jays Vs Oakland Athletics game 29
- H. Rap Brown, Stokely Carmichael rally in Oakland Auditorium (1968)
- Boxing Team Philippines Hope To Win Gold At The Olympics By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders This Year Training Camp Will Be Very Important For Gus Bradley,By Eric Pangilinan
- Howard Terminal Ballpark: Tell Mayor Schaaf TIF’s Better Than Impact Fees For Affordable Housing
- The Walking Dead: World Beyond | Comic-Con@Home 2021
- Sunday, January 10, 2021 Worship – Pastor Jacqueline Thompson
- Upcoming Events at Allen Temple Baptist Church Oakland for the week of 7/25/21
- The Making Of and Story Behind the Bucs Super Bowl LV Championship Ring
- Oakland Police Missing Person Xian Zhou 85 Years Old Last Seen In Chinatown