Today, Maria Ayerdi Kaplan’s Salesforce Transit Center Security Plan features a secret right under your feet.
As Transbay Joint Powers Authority Executive Director, Maria Ayerdi Kaplan placed a premium on security after the horrible events of September 11th, 2001. The objective was to make the giant building able to sustain a terrorist attack.
Part of the plan is under the feet of people who walk by and under Salesforce Transit Center: panels marked with yellow and black stripes to stop vehicle and bus entry into the complex.
In an emergency, the panels rise up and become barricades to the Transit Center. When activated, the thick metal panels rise to a height of six feet, and form a formidable barrier to any kind of vehicle that would try to enter the Transit Center.
In normal operation the panels seem to be a pathway, but a security official told me they would prefer that patrons walk on the white stripe walkway that’s closer to the Transit Center itself. “People think that’s the way to walk, but it’s not the right path,” a security officer told me, “that is,” he said, pointing to the white stripe walkway.
Read more about Salesforce Transit Center and the need for a beefed up security plan here: “Maria Ayerdi Kaplan Explains Need For Salesforce Transit Center Security Upgrade.”
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates “Vlog News Now”: the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental mobile media video-blogging system network that’s part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 onYouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is real-time on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Cowboys vs Steelers – 2021 NFL Hall Of Fame Game NFL Draft Picks To Watch
- USS Hornet Car Show 2021, Alameda Ca, Lowriders, Bombitas, HD
- USS Hornet Car Show 2021, Alameda Ca, Lowriders, Bay Bombs CC 1941 Chevy RagTop
- Game Highlights: Oakland Roots SC vs. Phoenix Rising FC
- 4395 Piedmont Avenue Unit 307 Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- American Katie Nageotte goes from near-disaster to POLE VAULT GOLD | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- Las Vegas Raiders All Pro Linebacker K J Wright Visit The Raiders By Eric Pangilinan
- Kevin Durant Block Of Australian Olympics Basketball Player Layup Is Best Seen Freeze Frame
- ||The ACE Kids|| Visiting Oakland Zoo! PART 1
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Bryan Edwards Press Conference By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Jon Gruden Says Receiver Bryan Edwards Is Dynamic By Eric Pangilinan
- Are San Francisco’s ‘Tiny Homes’ the future of city housing? | ITV News
- San Francisco Cable Cars Are BACK – Lombard Street / Fishermans Wharf / Pier 39 / Boudin & Much MORE
- San Francisco Giants vs Arizona Diamondbacks Highlights August 4, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB 2021
- San Francisco Bay Area Reinstates Mask Order as Virus Surges
- What $3,488 Will Get You In San Francisco | Sweet Digs | Refinery29
- Mike McDaniel: Trey Lance Has a ‘Confident Swag’ | 49ers
- Plus Driverless Level 4 Truck on Highway Demo
- Covid Experts Send Message To Floridians Amid DeSantis Disinformation
- Worse Than Delta? Health Experts Worry About Future Variants