Berkeley, CA. – Contra Costa Building and Construction Trades Council has announced their support of Buffy Wicks as the best candidate to serve as California’s Assemblymember for AD 15. The Council had originally gone neutral in the AD 15 race but issued this endorsement after hearing public comments by both candidates in a debate held by KALW radio on Tuesday, October 2.
“The Contra Costa Building and Construction Trades Council is proud to endorse Buffy Wicks for Assembly District 15,” said Bill Whitney, chief executive officer of the Council. “We need someone with a progressive vision who is also willing to come to the table with all stakeholders, be a leader and get the hard work done. Buffy has the values, credibility and work ethic to stand up for workers rights, single-payer healthcare, affordable housing and public education. I urge East Bay residents to vote ‘Buffy Wicks’ for Assembly.”
During an on-air debate on San Francisco radio station KALW, Jovanka Beckles responded to Buffy’s labor endorsements by challenging the character and commitment to union values of the California Building Trades. Ms. Beckles said, “The majority of the labor unions that have endorsed the opposition are building trades. And unfortunately for them, it’s been interesting, every single City Council race in Richmond the building trades have endorsed the Chevron candidates. In every single election. And so, unfortunately they have not joined in solidarity with the other unions that have endorsed this campaign.”
In her live response, Buffy reiterated her support for unions, stating, “I would never disparage the building trades labor unions. I think these are workers who are out there every single day, they are doing some of the toughest jobs in our state. I think that the work they do is very important, I am very proud to have the building trades supporting me. In addition to that, the United Food and Commercial Workers unions the Firefighters – these are unions that I think are a critical component to our economy. These are workers that I support, that I want to fight for, and that I want to work with. And I’m very proud to have their support.”
The Contra Costa Building and Construction Trades Council represents thirty trade unions with over 30,000 working men and women.
The Contra Costa Building and Construction Trades Council endorsement builds upon strong labor support for Buffy, including the Building and Construction Trades Council of Alameda County, Northern California Carpenters Regional Council, LIUNA Laborers Local 324 and Local 304, Sheet Metal Workers Local 104, Plumbers & Steamfitters UA Local 342, Construction & General Laborers Local Union 304, Sprinkler Fitters & Apprentices Local 483, Heat & Frost Insulators, Allied Workers Local Union 16 and UFCW Local 5.
Other progressive leaders endorsing Buffy include President Barack Obama, United States Senator Kamala Harris, California Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom, Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, Richmond Mayor Tom Butt, El Cerrito Mayor Gabriel Quinto, Albany Mayor Peggy McQuaid, Emeryville Mayor John Bauters, Hercules Mayor Chris Kelley, and many other elected and community leaders across the district. In addition, she is endorsed by the East Bay Times and East Bay Express newspapers and the West Contra Costa County and Berkeley Democratic Clubs.
More information on Buffy’s platform and priorities can be found at www.buffywicks.com.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland-Based Blue Shield of California: $500,000 to Increase Diversity in Mental Health Workforce
- On Robert RFDilla07, The Las Vegas Raiders, Oakland A’s My Vlog, And Economic Development Reality
- New York Yankees Trade For OF Joey Gallo From The Texas Rangers
- Miami Marlins Trade OF Starling Marte To Oakland For RHP Jesus Luzardo! HUGE TRADE!
- 6118 Ocean View Dr Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Oakland Athletics vs San Diego Padres Highlights July 28, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Training Camp Press Conference ,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Opening Day For Training Camp Derek Carr Looks Very Sharp,By Eric Pangilinan
- Zennie Abraham’s Vlog Response To Oakland Councilmember Loren Taylor’s Institutionally Racist Text
- Zennie Abraham’s Live Vlog Response To Oakland Councilmember Loren Taylor’s Institutionally Racist Text To Him
- Jameis Winston Saints QB – Stop The Racist Comments About The Lethal Passer
- FILIPINO GROCERY STORE SA AMERIKA | BUHAY AMERIKA | Oakland Zoo | Pinoy Abroad OFW
- EAST OAKLAND CALIFORNIA / 65TH VILLAGE HOOD (PART 2)
- The Strong Mayor Government Has Ruined Oakland, Allows Mob Rule – City Manager Form Better Part 2
- The Strong Mayor Government Has Ruined Oakland, Allows Mob Rule – City Manager Form Better
- Simone Biles Withdraws From Tokyo Olympics Games Final All-Around Competition For Mental Health
- Simone Biles Withdrew From Tokyo Olympics Team Finals, Clay Travis Racism Blinds Him To Facts
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Vs Vitor Belfort Will Be A Real Boxing Match,By Eric Pangilinan
- Howard Terminal Ballpark Update: Oakland A’s Dave Kaval On Vacation, Las Vegas Still Option
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte Last State Of The Union Speech Same Lies By Eric Pangilinan