The Oakland Raiders are without a lease to play NFL Football games at the Oakland Alameda County Coliseum Stadium as of Friday night September 21st This news after the Oakland Alameda County Coliseum Joint Powers Authority met the morning of this same Friday September 21, and did not signal they reached an agreement with the Raiders on an extended lease. If you did not see the full stream of the meeting, here it is:
Zennie62Media Vlogger Richard Haick said to this blogger that he was told to expect something to “get done” in the form of a lease with the Raiders by the Ocotober Coliseum JPA Board Meeting. That next date of a Coliseum JPA Board meeting would mark just over one year of talks about a lease extension without getting one done.
After the National Football League Owners voted 31 to the lone “no vote” by Miami Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross on March 26th 2017 to allow the Raiders to pursue what has been called a “conditional relocation” to Las Vegas (‘conditional” because it contains so many financial risks to the Raiders it could fall apart like a house of cards). After the vote, a number of Oakland and Alameda County Officials wanted the Raiders to be immediately evicted from the Coliseum – as did the vast majority of Raider Nation. But time passed, and cooler heads prevailed, and talks of a lease extension started in July of last year.
Then, just as it looked like a lease might get drafted, the threat of a lawsuit by the Coliseum JPA started to look like a reality when New York lawyers James W. Quinn (Jim Quinn) and Eric Hochstadt flew out for a fan-driven press conference. The energy for a lawsuit that was built up by Oakland Raiders fan groups Forever Oakland and We Stand With Oakland, and Save Oakland Sports, was eventually halted by the Coliseum JPA Board toward the end of the year, and becausee it elected to punt on the idea of actually moving forward on suing the Raiders.
Then, in January, the Coliseum JPA, now with the legendary Ignacio De La Fuente on its board, took another go at a lease with the Raiders. That initial effort sparked a game of chicken (with the threat of a lawsuit versus the lease extension held up that saw its last stop at 1220 Harbor Bay Parkway, before winding up back at the office of the Coliseum JPA as of last week.
And with the game of chicken still very active.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Talking Trash About Canelo Alverez Will Alverez Respond,By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland-Based Blue Shield of California: $500,000 to Increase Diversity in Mental Health Workforce
- On Robert RFDilla07, The Las Vegas Raiders, Oakland A’s My Vlog, And Economic Development Reality
- New York Yankees Trade For OF Joey Gallo From The Texas Rangers
- Miami Marlins Trade OF Starling Marte To Oakland For RHP Jesus Luzardo! HUGE TRADE!
- 6118 Ocean View Dr Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Oakland Athletics vs San Diego Padres Highlights July 28, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Training Camp Press Conference ,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Opening Day For Training Camp Derek Carr Looks Very Sharp,By Eric Pangilinan
- Zennie Abraham’s Vlog Response To Oakland Councilmember Loren Taylor’s Institutionally Racist Text
- Zennie Abraham’s Live Vlog Response To Oakland Councilmember Loren Taylor’s Institutionally Racist Text To Him
- Jameis Winston Saints QB – Stop The Racist Comments About The Lethal Passer
- FILIPINO GROCERY STORE SA AMERIKA | BUHAY AMERIKA | Oakland Zoo | Pinoy Abroad OFW
- EAST OAKLAND CALIFORNIA / 65TH VILLAGE HOOD (PART 2)
- The Strong Mayor Government Has Ruined Oakland, Allows Mob Rule – City Manager Form Better Part 2
- The Strong Mayor Government Has Ruined Oakland, Allows Mob Rule – City Manager Form Better
- Simone Biles Withdraws From Tokyo Olympics Games Final All-Around Competition For Mental Health
- Simone Biles Withdrew From Tokyo Olympics Team Finals, Clay Travis Racism Blinds Him To Facts
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Vs Vitor Belfort Will Be A Real Boxing Match,By Eric Pangilinan
- Howard Terminal Ballpark Update: Oakland A’s Dave Kaval On Vacation, Las Vegas Still Option