Today the Buffy Wicks for Assembly 2018 campaign announced additional Labor endorsements. Dolores Huerta, American labor leader, civil rights activist and co-founder of the United Farm Workers, has announced her support of Buffy. In addition, United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 5 has selected Buffy as the best candidate to serve as the next Assemblymember for District 15.
“UFCW5 enthusiastically endorses Buffy Wicks for California State Assembly,” said John Nunes, President of UFCW5. “Buffy is a staunch supporter of labor and we are confident she will be an effective partner in Sacramento fighting for better wages, healthcare and protections for working people. Buffy is an effective grassroots organizer who will build the coalitions we need to tackle our housing crisis, create a stable single-payer healthcare system, boost funding for public education and protect our labor unions.”
“I was honored to work for UFCW on the Wake-Up Walmart campaign fighting for better wages and healthcare for workers,” said Buffy. “I know the critical importance of unions to protect jobs and keep power in the hands of working people. If elected, I will be a champion for policies that level the playing the field for working families.”
The support of Dolores Huerta and UFCW Local 5 builds upon the growing momentum of Labor support for Buffy. UFCW Local 5 is the third union organization endorsement garnered by Buffy this week, joining Ironworkers Workers Local 378 and IBEW 595 in announcing their support.
Other labor organizations supporting Buffy include the Building and Construction Trades Council of Alameda County, Northern California Carpenters Regional Council, LIUNA Laborers Local 324 and Local 304, Sheet Metal Workers Local 104, Plumbers & Steamfitters UA Local 342, Construction & General Laborers Local Union 304, Sprinkler Fitters & Apprentices Local 483, Heat & Frost Insulators and Allied Workers Local Union 16.
Progressive leaders endorsing Buffy include President Barack Obama, United States Senator Kamala Harris, California Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom, Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, Richmond Mayor Tom Butt, El Cerrito Mayor Gabriel Quinto, Albany Mayor Peggy McQuaid, Emeryville Mayor John Bauters, Hercules Mayor Chris Kelley, and many other elected and community leaders across the district. In addition, she is endorsed by the East Bay Times and East Bay Express newspapers and the West Contra Costa County and Berkeley Democratic Clubs.
More information on Buffy’s platform and priorities can be found at www.buffywicks.com.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Cowboys vs Steelers – 2021 NFL Hall Of Fame Game NFL Draft Picks To Watch
- USS Hornet Car Show 2021, Alameda Ca, Lowriders, Bombitas, HD
- USS Hornet Car Show 2021, Alameda Ca, Lowriders, Bay Bombs CC 1941 Chevy RagTop
- Game Highlights: Oakland Roots SC vs. Phoenix Rising FC
- 4395 Piedmont Avenue Unit 307 Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- American Katie Nageotte goes from near-disaster to POLE VAULT GOLD | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- Las Vegas Raiders All Pro Linebacker K J Wright Visit The Raiders By Eric Pangilinan
- Kevin Durant Block Of Australian Olympics Basketball Player Layup Is Best Seen Freeze Frame
- ||The ACE Kids|| Visiting Oakland Zoo! PART 1
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Bryan Edwards Press Conference By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Jon Gruden Says Receiver Bryan Edwards Is Dynamic By Eric Pangilinan
- Are San Francisco’s ‘Tiny Homes’ the future of city housing? | ITV News
- San Francisco Cable Cars Are BACK – Lombard Street / Fishermans Wharf / Pier 39 / Boudin & Much MORE
- San Francisco Giants vs Arizona Diamondbacks Highlights August 4, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB 2021
- San Francisco Bay Area Reinstates Mask Order as Virus Surges
- What $3,488 Will Get You In San Francisco | Sweet Digs | Refinery29
- Mike McDaniel: Trey Lance Has a ‘Confident Swag’ | 49ers
- Plus Driverless Level 4 Truck on Highway Demo
- Covid Experts Send Message To Floridians Amid DeSantis Disinformation
- Worse Than Delta? Health Experts Worry About Future Variants