California State Senator Hannah Beth Jackson announced her endorsement today supporting Buffy Wicks to serve as the next Assemblymember for District 15.
“I am proud to announce my support of Buffy Wicks for State Assembly,” said Senator Jackson. California needs leaders like Buffy who can build the coalitions we need to continue to fight for policies to make California the most family-friendly state in the country. Policies like paid family leave, assuring quality public education and fighting for affordable childcare. Buffy’s progressive values, experience and temperament will make her an effective advocate for District 15. We need more leaders like Buffy in Sacramento.”
“Senator Jackson is a tremendous and effective leader in Sacramento and I am honored to earn her support,” said Buffy Wicks. “She is a tireless advocate for working people in California and in particular for women’s equality in the workplace. I am ready to go to Sacramento to fight alongside with Senator Jackson and deliver on policies that will advance stronger paid leave policies, pay equity and universal, affordable, quality healthcare.”
Other leaders endorsing Buffy include President Barack Obama, United States Senator Kamala Harris, California Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom, Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, SF Mayor London Breed, Richmond Mayor Tom Butt, El Cerrito Mayor Gabe Quinto, Emeryville Mayor John Bauters, Hercules Mayor Chris Kelley, Piedmont Vice Mayor Teddy King and many other community leaders across the district. In addition, she is endorsed by the East Bay Times and East Bay Express newspapers as well as the Sheet Metal Workers’ Local 104 and the Northern California Carpenters Regional Council.
Buffy Wicks is a community organizer, progressive advocate and a grassroots activist with experience at the local, state and federal level. Grassroots organizing has been a centerpiece of her campaign, with more than 160 house parties and a team of over 500 volunteers who knocked on over 35,000 doors. This grassroots support translated to Buffy winning every city in the District in the primary campaign.
More information on Buffy’s platform and priorities can be found at www.buffywicks.com.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Talking Trash About Canelo Alverez Will Alverez Respond,By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland-Based Blue Shield of California: $500,000 to Increase Diversity in Mental Health Workforce
- On Robert RFDilla07, The Las Vegas Raiders, Oakland A’s My Vlog, And Economic Development Reality
- New York Yankees Trade For OF Joey Gallo From The Texas Rangers
- Miami Marlins Trade OF Starling Marte To Oakland For RHP Jesus Luzardo! HUGE TRADE!
- 6118 Ocean View Dr Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Oakland Athletics vs San Diego Padres Highlights July 28, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Training Camp Press Conference ,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Opening Day For Training Camp Derek Carr Looks Very Sharp,By Eric Pangilinan
- Zennie Abraham’s Vlog Response To Oakland Councilmember Loren Taylor’s Institutionally Racist Text
- Zennie Abraham’s Live Vlog Response To Oakland Councilmember Loren Taylor’s Institutionally Racist Text To Him
- Jameis Winston Saints QB – Stop The Racist Comments About The Lethal Passer
- FILIPINO GROCERY STORE SA AMERIKA | BUHAY AMERIKA | Oakland Zoo | Pinoy Abroad OFW
- EAST OAKLAND CALIFORNIA / 65TH VILLAGE HOOD (PART 2)
- The Strong Mayor Government Has Ruined Oakland, Allows Mob Rule – City Manager Form Better Part 2
- The Strong Mayor Government Has Ruined Oakland, Allows Mob Rule – City Manager Form Better
- Simone Biles Withdraws From Tokyo Olympics Games Final All-Around Competition For Mental Health
- Simone Biles Withdrew From Tokyo Olympics Team Finals, Clay Travis Racism Blinds Him To Facts
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Vs Vitor Belfort Will Be A Real Boxing Match,By Eric Pangilinan
- Howard Terminal Ballpark Update: Oakland A’s Dave Kaval On Vacation, Las Vegas Still Option