Today Buffy Wicks, California AD 15 candidate, released the following statement:
“We must phase off old energy production and work to build alternative sources of energy to protect California’s climate,” Buffy said. “The announcement today by the Trump Administration of rollbacks to coal regulations put in place by President Obama further underscores the need for our state to continue to lead the nation to combat climate change. Nearly three-quarters of the new oil wells drilled in California in the past 7 years were in low income communities of color. Clean air and water for our kids must be a top priority.”
Buffy has released her environment and energy platform, outlining action steps to combat climate change and fight back against Trump’s dangerous deregulatory agenda.
“We must focus our development on transit-oriented housing and eliminate gas cars; equip people with the tools they need to succeed in clean energy jobs; hold big polluters and industry accountable to local and state air quality laws; expand children’s access to quality healthcare to address our public health crisis; and ensure that all community members — from our student to homeless populations — have access to safe and clean water as we experience more frequent droughts,” said Buffy.
“To get this work done, we’re going to need to build strong coalitions and find creative solutions to achieve a cleaner, more equitable economy,” she said.
Leaders endorsing Buffy include President Barack Obama, United States Senator Kamala Harris, California Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom, Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, SF Mayor London Breed, Richmond Mayor Tom Butt, El Cerrito Mayor Gabe Quinto, Albany Mayor Peggy McQuaid, Emeryville Mayor John Bauters, Hercules Mayor Chris Kelley, Piedmont Vice Mayor Teddy King, and many other community leaders across the district. In addition, she is endorsed by the East Bay Times and East Bay Express newspapers as well as the Building and Construction Trades Council of Alameda County Northern California Carpenters Regional Council, LiUNA Laborer’s Local 324 and Local 304, Sheet Metal Workers Local 104 Plumbers & Steamfitters UA Local #342.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland-Based Blue Shield of California: $500,000 to Increase Diversity in Mental Health Workforce
- On Robert RFDilla07, The Las Vegas Raiders, Oakland A’s My Vlog, And Economic Development Reality
- New York Yankees Trade For OF Joey Gallo From The Texas Rangers
- Miami Marlins Trade OF Starling Marte To Oakland For RHP Jesus Luzardo! HUGE TRADE!
- 6118 Ocean View Dr Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Oakland Athletics vs San Diego Padres Highlights July 28, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Training Camp Press Conference ,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Opening Day For Training Camp Derek Carr Looks Very Sharp,By Eric Pangilinan
- Zennie Abraham’s Vlog Response To Oakland Councilmember Loren Taylor’s Institutionally Racist Text
- Zennie Abraham’s Live Vlog Response To Oakland Councilmember Loren Taylor’s Institutionally Racist Text To Him
- Jameis Winston Saints QB – Stop The Racist Comments About The Lethal Passer
- FILIPINO GROCERY STORE SA AMERIKA | BUHAY AMERIKA | Oakland Zoo | Pinoy Abroad OFW
- EAST OAKLAND CALIFORNIA / 65TH VILLAGE HOOD (PART 2)
- The Strong Mayor Government Has Ruined Oakland, Allows Mob Rule – City Manager Form Better Part 2
- The Strong Mayor Government Has Ruined Oakland, Allows Mob Rule – City Manager Form Better
- Simone Biles Withdraws From Tokyo Olympics Games Final All-Around Competition For Mental Health
- Simone Biles Withdrew From Tokyo Olympics Team Finals, Clay Travis Racism Blinds Him To Facts
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Vs Vitor Belfort Will Be A Real Boxing Match,By Eric Pangilinan
- Howard Terminal Ballpark Update: Oakland A’s Dave Kaval On Vacation, Las Vegas Still Option
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte Last State Of The Union Speech Same Lies By Eric Pangilinan