Milwaukee — The Democratic National Convention Committee (DNCC) today announced the themes that will guide each of the four nights of convention programming, and bring the country together around Joe Biden’s vision to lead us out of Trump’s chaos and crises, and rebuild a better America for all. In look and feel, the 2020 Democratic National Convention will be different. More innovative, more creative—and engage with more Americans than ever before. “Uniting America” will serve as the primary theme for the four nights of programming.
The Democrats’ convention stage is bigger this year than it ever was—located in cities and towns across America. This year, we’ll see fewer people behind podiums—and more people in living rooms, on factory floors, at small businesses, and in schools and town squares. No one will need a floor pass to experience the biggest moments up close, and we’ll hear from the everyday Americans that represent our nation’s strength, decency and humanity.
“This convention is for all Americans, no matter who you voted for in the past. We will unite America around the critical task of electing Joe Biden as president in November so we can begin to build a more just, more democratic, kinder and stronger country—a better America,” said Stephanie Cutter, 2020 Democratic National Convention Program Executive. “The message we aim to deliver is simple: Joe Biden is the steady, compassionate and experienced leader America needs right now to bring us together and steer our nation out of Trump’s crises and constant chaos and build a better future for all.”
The convention will take place over four nights from August 17-20, 2020 and will air live from 9:00-11:00 PM Eastern each night. Over the course of those four nights, programming centered around the following thematics will aim to unite Americans from coast-to-coast around Joe Biden’s vision to build a better future for all.
Monday, August 17: We the People—This convention is about Americans rising up to take our country back—and move forward as a nation together. As we have learned throughout our history, when we stand united, we can overcome anything, including the monumental challenges we face today. With Joe Biden as president, ‘we the people’ will mean all the people.
Tuesday, August 18: Leadership Matters—A moment like now demands real leadership. A leader who has the experience and character to meet the moment. A leader who will unite us, tell us the truth, take responsibility, listen to experts and be an example for the nation. Strong people and strong countries rise up during crises, don’t shy away from what is tough, and lead with competence. With Joe Biden as our president, we will restore honesty and integrity to our government, and stake out a renewed leadership role in the world. And we will create more justice, more fairness and more equality for all.
Wednesday, August 19: A More Perfect Union—We are not going back to where we were before Donald Trump’s economy and mishandling of the pandemic—for too many Americans, that wasn’t good enough. As president, Joe Biden will lead us to a better America we know is possible. As he leads us out of Trump’s chaos and crises, he will help America build back better.
Thursday, August 20: America’s Promise—The measure of a president is the same as the measure of a person: What principles guide them? How do they handle adversity? Being president doesn’t change who you are, it reveals who you are. Joe Biden is a good man who believes in the promise of America, and as president, he will deliver on that promise for all.
Earlier today, convention organizers also announced over a dozen options for watching the 2020 Democratic National Convention, ensuring that this year’s “Convention Across America” will reach viewers where they are, however they prefer to watch, all across the nation.
Post based on press release from DNC 2020 Press to Zennie62Media
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders Training Camp day 2 Where The Juice?By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland Uptown Rotary Club Guest Speaker: Krista Lucchesi, Mercy Brown Bag Program
- Oakland Panthers 2020 Hype Video
- Oakland African American Chamber of Commerce Faith and Facts: Keedra McNeill, MD
- Oakland Promise Arts, Media, and Entertainment Career Panel
- Seeking the Sacred, Ep. 12- Discernment and Learning How to Hear God’s Voice
- Oakland SC v Club Marin with commentary
- Oakland United Beerworks introduces our Linden Street Series Flight Packs!
- Vicente Cruz on the importance of Physical Education
- Las Vegas Raiders Maxx Crosby Motivating The Defense In Training Camp By Eric Pangilinan
- Disney Parks Brings Back Mask Mandate Due To Delta Variant Surge By Joseph Armendariz
- Piedmont Wealth Manager Arraigned in Fatal Oakland Hit-and-Run
- East Oakland Councilmembers Taylor And Reid Must Implement AB 464 Now To Help Small Business
- Las Vegas Raiders Maxx Crosby Motivating The Defense In Training Camp,By Eric Pangilinan
- Marc Canter Features Legendary Twitter Co-Founder Noah Glass In Hilarious Facebook Post
- Garrion Watson – Oakland Police Report Missing 12 Year Old Found By Family
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte Says If You Are Not Vaccinated Stay Home,By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland A’s Announcer Roy Steele Memories, Extended Edition
- Oakland A’s Announcer Roy Steele’s Memorial Live Stream
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Talking Trash About Canelo Alverez Will Alverez Respond,By Eric Pangilinan