“John J Siegel, Jr, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Insight Terminal Solutions, LLC”
Louisville, Ky – Much has been written about the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal and its developer Phil Tagami, and to a lesser extent Insight Terminal Solutions, LLC (ITS), but what about John J Siegel, who is the CEO of ITS?
Since Zennie62Media has been commissioned to tell the story of OBOT from the perspective of its developers and proponents, it’s a good idea to introduce all to Insight Terminal Solutions’s John J Siegel. Here’s his bio, based on the entry at the Insight Terminal Solutions website:
John J Siegel, Chairman, CEO, Insight Terminal Solutions LLC, Biography
Mr. John J Siegel has over 30 years of experience as a founder, owner and operator of vertically integrated coal mining, sales and related companies. Mr. Siegel was the founder, Executive Chairman and CEO of Bowie Resource Partners, LLC, formed in 2013, between Mr. Siegel and a subsidiary of Trafigura, AG (one of the largest commodities traders in the world).
At the time, Bowie Resource Partners (BRP) was the largest producer of Western Bituminous coal and the only producer with US West Coast export capacity through the Ports of Stockton and Richmond, California. John Siegel successfully sold significant quantities of Western Bituminous coal into Japan, South Korea, China, Mexico, Guatemala, and Chile, as well as other countries served by Bowie Resource Partners (BRP). Later, Mr. Siegel transferred the majority of his equity in BRP to Trafigura and its subsidiary earlier this year to concentrate on the Port of Oakland project.
Prior to Bowie Resource Partners and Insight Terminal Solutions, Mr. Siegel founded Green Bay Fuels in 1985, purchased Jader Fuels in 1998, and purchased the Bowie No. 2 Mine in Colorado in 2009, (the precursor of Bowie Resource Partners).
ITS John Siegel And The Creation Of The “Distribution Center” Concept
While heading Green Bay Fuels Mr. Siegel pioneered the “Distribution Center” concept where he partnered with consuming utilities by delivering unit trains of coal to the utility (for its own consumption) and then trucking additional product on a “just in time” basis from the utility to industrial consumers which greatly reduced transportation, logistics, storage and handling costs to the industrial consumers. The coal industry lauded the concept, with one observer saying that the “Kentucky company would revolutionize industrial procurement.”
John Siegel later partnered with the former Director of Tax of General Electric Energy Financial Services (division of GE Capital) to produce and market nearly $1 billion of Synthetic Fuels Tax Credits to Deutsche Bank and Lehmann Brothers. Mr. Siegel is also active in Tax Credits generated from Refined Coal under §45 of the Internal Revenue Code dealing principally with Berkshire Hathaway Energy and PacifiCorp sites.
John Siegel Creates Insight Terminal Solutions
Early in 2018, Mr. Siegel founded Insight Terminal Solutions, LLC for the purpose of working with Oakland-based California Capital And Investment Group’s Phil Tagami on subleasing the subject West Gateway Property or known as the Former Oakland Army Base from Oakland Bulk Oversized Terminal, LLC (“OBOT”). OBOT has a 66-year lease with the City of Oakland of the subject Terminal property.
Insight Terminal Solutions (Facebook Page) plans to build and operate a state-of-the-art multi-bulk commodities terminal in Oakland and with annual throughput capacity of 6-10 million tons of bulk product, which will transform how various commodities are moved throughout the world.
John J Siegel holds a Bachelor of Science degree from St. Joseph’s college of Rensselaer, Indiana. He attended Law School at the University of Louisville-Louis D. Brandeis School of Law.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Home For Sale 469 Capital St Oakland, CA 94610
- Lake Merritt Boat Adventure! Oakland, CA.
- The Oakland Roots Continue to Struggle, and Get Shutout to the LA Galaxy II
- For Tokyo Olympics Panasonic Teams With Michael Phelps, Katie Ledecky, Others
- Sheng Thao District 4 Councilmember Champions Public Safety Investments for Oakland
- Naomi Osaka Upset By Marketa Vondrousova Tokyo Olympics Women’s Singles 3rd Round
- Governor Newsom Highlights New State Efforts to Encourage More Californians to Get Vaccinated
- California Will Require Vaccinations Or Covid Tests For State Employees And Health Care Workers
- RUGBY 7s TOKYO OLYMPICS Live Reaction (Not Showing Game) DAY 1
- Jade Carey powers her way into the women’s floor final | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- USA vs. Ireland | Tokyo Olympics 2020: Men’s Rugby Highlights | NBC Sports
- Japan Vs Canada | Rugby 7s | Olympics 2021 Highlights
- South Africa Vs USA Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- Ireland Vs Kenya Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- Argentina Vs South Korea Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- New Zealand Vs Australia Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- Lydia Jacoby Gets Gold Medal In Women’s 100 M Breathstroke Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Philippines Uprise In Protest Against President Rodrigo Duterte ,By Eric Pangilinan
- Barbara Boxer Former Senator Assaulted, Robbed In Oakland Jack London Square. Attacker Got Away
- Philippines Team Philippines Wins Gold For The First Time At The Olympics,By Eric Pangilinan