Oakland – The inaugural OUSD Food Lab Challenge was a resounding success on Tuesday with seven teams made up of student summer interns at the Central Kitchen, Education Center, and Instructional Farm creating amazing new meals for a panel of judges, hoping to be crowned the winning chefs.
The task was to create a meal that can easily be mass produced in the Central Kitchen on a daily basis for many, if not all, students across the District. The teams came up with meals that ranged from a Garden Fresh Pho noodle dish and Tortilla Salad Bowl to Green Leaf Pupusa and Ryna’s Stuffed (bell) Pepper. They also created desserts that included fruit cups and kale smoothies.
The winning team created what they called Jahita Rice, which was inspired by Destiny Ndubuisi’s African heritage, along with the peach cobbler inspired by a recipe in Amani Griffin’s family. Griffin just graduated from McClymonds High School, and Ndubuisi is a senior at Skyline High School.
The judges said almost all of the meals could be added to the menu at the Central Kitchen, and those that couldn’t were more for logistical reasons. Some of the interns were also offered jobs and internships at the Kitchen and at a restaurant represented by one of the judges.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland-Based Blue Shield of California: $500,000 to Increase Diversity in Mental Health Workforce
- On Robert RFDilla07, The Las Vegas Raiders, Oakland A’s My Vlog, And Economic Development Reality
- New York Yankees Trade For OF Joey Gallo From The Texas Rangers
- Miami Marlins Trade OF Starling Marte To Oakland For RHP Jesus Luzardo! HUGE TRADE!
- 6118 Ocean View Dr Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Oakland Athletics vs San Diego Padres Highlights July 28, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Training Camp Press Conference ,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Opening Day For Training Camp Derek Carr Looks Very Sharp,By Eric Pangilinan
- Zennie Abraham’s Vlog Response To Oakland Councilmember Loren Taylor’s Institutionally Racist Text
- Zennie Abraham’s Live Vlog Response To Oakland Councilmember Loren Taylor’s Institutionally Racist Text To Him
- Jameis Winston Saints QB – Stop The Racist Comments About The Lethal Passer
- FILIPINO GROCERY STORE SA AMERIKA | BUHAY AMERIKA | Oakland Zoo | Pinoy Abroad OFW
- EAST OAKLAND CALIFORNIA / 65TH VILLAGE HOOD (PART 2)
- The Strong Mayor Government Has Ruined Oakland, Allows Mob Rule – City Manager Form Better Part 2
- The Strong Mayor Government Has Ruined Oakland, Allows Mob Rule – City Manager Form Better
- Simone Biles Withdraws From Tokyo Olympics Games Final All-Around Competition For Mental Health
- Simone Biles Withdrew From Tokyo Olympics Team Finals, Clay Travis Racism Blinds Him To Facts
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Vs Vitor Belfort Will Be A Real Boxing Match,By Eric Pangilinan
- Howard Terminal Ballpark Update: Oakland A’s Dave Kaval On Vacation, Las Vegas Still Option
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte Last State Of The Union Speech Same Lies By Eric Pangilinan